Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eating right & working out!

Go down 
+2
NavyAirmanWifey
UncleSamWifey
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Eating right & working out! Empty
PostSubject: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:07 am

My mom is a personal trainer and does body building shows so I have plenty of knowledge here lol.

Here is her picture
Eating right & working out! 15x2m0

She did diets like the South Beach, the Body For Life [they have a cook book], and just the work out & eat right diets.

The one that worked best for her honestly was the work out and eat right!

I have followed in her footsteps [not as intense] but here is what I do to stay fit....

Go to the gym once a day every day working on something different. 30 mins of cardio [one day on a treadmill] then working on arms. then the next day my cardio would be something differnt like a treadmill and i would work on legs since the previous day i worked on arms. sticking to the gym routene is the hardest part.

Definately eating right is so hard but you have to stick to it or nothing works lol. I do a lot of plain grilled chicken breasts for lunches & dinners. NO CARBS! I eat a ton of dairy but try my hardest to stay away from carbs.. they suck haha!

I really want to know if anyone has tried Hydroxicut or Alli.

I've heard Hydroxicut makes people MOODY.. which wow i do not need LOL. & I heard Alli makes people go to the bathroom on themselves without even knowing it. Yikes! I would like to know from someone who has used either of these!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Eating right & working out! 18
Different Groups : Eating right & working out! Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Heres the thing...and this comes from my internist,who helped my Dad recover from a quadrople (sp?) bypass (which btw,he admits my vegan diet is the healthiest out there...haha.)

All diet pills raise your heart rate,which can (depending on family history) make you more apt to heart attacks.

I also only have one kidney...and diet pills more than likely have caffiene in them.Caffiene is REALLY BAD for your kidneys.

With that being said...My husband has used hydroxycut,and it raises his heart rate really bad and has made him super sick.He also feels like hes cracked out and always on edge.He uses all sorts of crap from GNC on deployments alongside working out.

If you eat well,and workout you dont need pills.You shouldn't need a handful of pills to function.

Pending if Im knoocked up or not...If I am, I am going back to a nutritionist to get back into my vegan diet (im currently a vegetarian with some fish here and there...which I wont be able to do if Im preggo.)

I also have Lactose Intolerance and IBS Syndrome (which makes you sick after every meal,and can provide you with colon cancer.)

Theres a lot of food I cant eat because I refuse to take pills that would allow me to do so.With a proper diet,you can supplement what you need,and be healthy.

This is probably more than you ever wanted to know about some stranger (hahaha) but I feel it is important people are educated about their kidneys and the choices they make now being young.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:30 pm

Yeah no kidding it's definately great to know since if a PILL is trying to sell something they obviously aren't going to tell you the bad things! So it's always great to ask :] But I just know of my mom taking pills & drinking all of the shakes & she is doing amazing so I just don't know what the difference is between the good ones & the bad ones. But that's awesome that you were able to tell me about all of that.. I never would of known by looking at the boxes of those! :] THANK YOU!!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Eating right & working out! 18
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am

You just gotta educate yourself...my husband threw down close to $200 at GNC one day.Has yet to touch it since it took it with him like 3 underways ago.Sure he dropped the weight but he also smokes.I dont have to tell you about smoking...haha,I hope not.So ontop of putting stress on his heart from smoking and his work,he is also putting stress on it with these pills.

When we moved from Northern VA,to here and I got a part time job instead of a 48hour workweek in a high stress enviroment....my blood pressure dropped about 30 points.Not all people can afford to do that...but it changed everything I think about me.I still have pissy days...but I dont have breakdowns at work,and I dont feel on edge all the time.With my family history it is so important to watch my blood pressure and eat well.
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:03 pm

My husband was actually thinking about getting some of this to help him. I'm glad that this was brought to my attention because there is no way I want to risk that happening with him. I don't need him on edge on top of everything with work. My mom uses Herbalife. She takes a pill once or twice a day and drinks two shakes, and she lost a lot of weight. But she still has the pooch because she doesn't exercise with it. It really does work. I plan on starting it soon to help me lose my baby weight, but I'm definitley not going to have that pooch so I'll be exercising.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:29 pm

wow girly you are very educated! :] glad you are sharing all of this with me!

& as for the second comment.. that one sounds good. but i don't have a lotttt of weight that i want to lose.. i just feel like toning up.. so i guess gym, here i come.. blahhhhhh i wish i had a workout buddy LOL
Back to top Go down
jessica
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
jessica

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:32 pm

all this talk about fitness is making me feel like a cow.....im scared ill never be back down to the size i once was before i got pregnant!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jajelove
proudwifeyandmama
Mod
Mod
proudwifeyandmama

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Ask your hubby's what "planks" are. Jerry does them in PT and taught me how to do them, and they REALLY give you a work out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/determinedmama
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:31 pm

jessica wrote:
all this talk about fitness is making me feel like a cow.....im scared ill never be back down to the size i once was before i got pregnant!

im sure youll be fine! just the fact that you worry about it now means that you will work really hard to get back to that size and im sure you will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Different Groups : Eating right & working out! Character0275
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Just keep eating right and hit the gym! You will do great! Good Luck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating right & working out!   Eating right & working out! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eating right & working out!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Other then the Navy =) Were more then just Navy SO's! :: Gym Class-
Jump to: