Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do for work?

Go down 
+13
pvm4ever88
Beachyblonde314
t_effler
momof2
asailorslove
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
rdersham
mjrose514
Kim04
Rachel
alison
UncleSamWifey
seabeewife
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-04

What do you do for work? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 am

Since I saw that noone has posted here yet, I thought well what the heck lol. I work full time I have been in the medical field for about 5 years typically I work as a Certified Nurse Assistant but out here I work at a mental health hospital as a mental health worker. Which translates into I babysit the patients bc they have to be checked on every 15 minutes lol but just thought I would share. Anyone else out there that wants to share ?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrystalc0805
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : What do you do for work? 18
Different Groups : What do you do for work? Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:51 pm

My last job was a receptionist for a well known and renowned spinal care facility.I wont knock them in public but lets just say there was an office full of backstabbing and gossip.

So unfortunately,I went from making decent money to moving down to s***hole VA Beach,and could only find part time retail work.Aaaaand thats where Im at.The living rate here is so awesome we could be considered decent off middle class.Im going to be quitting the job in Decemberish (Im due Feb.9th.) We'll see though.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : What do you do for work? 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm at Starbucks until maternity leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:03 pm

LOL I think there is gossiping and backstabbing at almost every workplace, just naturally happens when a bunch of people get involved in other peoples business, but congrats to both of you on the coming babies :)
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:34 pm

ohhh starbucks. i would get so fat working there. im not working right now. i just moved to northern virginia from southern california. i applied to probably like a million trillion jobs but never got a response back other than the automated, we have received your resume and will contact you if we are interested. im pretty happy staying at home though. i just wish sometimes i could get out of the house more. meet some people, make some friends, you know, normal stuff. but i did work at a bank for 3 years! and then macys after that which was super fun, but super bad because i went shopping EVERYDAY i worked. hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:06 am

I stayed home at one point after I had my son(almost 10 years ago) lol I about went out of my mind with boredom, so then I decided I just can't not work lol I did work at a bank at one point I thought that was one of the most fun jobs ever !!! got to play with money all day lol
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 am

haha yah everyone asks you that when they find out you work at bank..."how do you not steal all the money?" and its like i didnt even really look at it as money, it was just my job. l am pretty bored right now. i try to make to do lists everyday so i can stay productive. like working out, taking the dogs for a walk, getting stuff done around the house, reading books that i want to read, stuff like that. it probably would be a lot better if i wasnt on the other side of the country from everyone i know hehe, well except my hubby, he's here.
Back to top Go down
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:36 am

Oh I feel you there I have gone thru that with 2 new duty stations and that first few weeks before I actually start a job is the worst....... such such boredom. I found banking so challenging especially with having to balance all the time and try not to piss off the customers, highest charged customers anywhere people tend to get really upset when they cant get their money for some reason lol.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:23 pm

haha yah thats exactly the reason why i got out. i mean i balanced fine...after about 6 months to a year i guess you just get the hang of it and i was hardly ever out of balance after that (before that, holy cow! i was so stressed out EVERY SINGLE NIGHT about balancing). but the customers are just so rude and treat you like youre an idiot. when i worked in san antonio, i loved it! everyone was so nice and friendly and slow paced but working in southern california was just horrible. when someone is rude i take it so personally and it just really hurts my feelings. anyways, i just couldnt handle it, and with my hubby in boot camp and a school on the other side of the country, it was just too much stress. i never thought i would have such a hard time getting a job out here though. im at least glad to hear that im not the only one. on a lot of the sites that i visit girls are having a lot of trouble getting jobs.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : What do you do for work? 18
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Rachel wrote:
haha yah thats exactly the reason why i got out. i mean i balanced fine...after about 6 months to a year i guess you just get the hang of it and i was hardly ever out of balance after that (before that, holy cow! i was so stressed out EVERY SINGLE NIGHT about balancing). but the customers are just so rude and treat you like youre an idiot. when i worked in san antonio, i loved it! everyone was so nice and friendly and slow paced but working in southern california was just horrible. when someone is rude i take it so personally and it just really hurts my feelings. anyways, i just couldnt handle it, and with my hubby in boot camp and a school on the other side of the country, it was just too much stress. i never thought i would have such a hard time getting a job out here though. im at least glad to hear that im not the only one. on a lot of the sites that i visit girls are having a lot of trouble getting jobs.

i dont know...i know i got fired from my job and within 2 days I was offered a position to be an assistant manager of retail chain store in Tysons Corner,VA.

I move down here and apply to at least 5 Starbucks,1 Target,Nordstrom,and bagillion other places....couldn't get a job for 3 months.Now I have a part time retail job...which makes me feel like Ive been bumped down again.I worked for over a year in a busy medical practice,and Im back to retail. :no: It is just so very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:21 pm

yah i know what ya mean. i feel like i have 3 years experience in banking so i should be able to go up to the next level. i mean most supervisor positions require 3-5 years experience but im not even getting any replies back for like reception or secretarial jobs! all i can say is good thing our hubbies are in the military! you know when they stop getting paid the world has a lot bigger problems!
Back to top Go down
Kim04
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
Kim04

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm a full time student and I hope I graduate this year! I used to work at Abercrombie & Fitch but it was hell, I only did it for the discount! :) I'm going to get my degree in Political Science so I've interned in State Department offices and a few politicians so everyone vote for me :)
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : What do you do for work? 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:14 pm

haha well Rachel you think you'd get hefty, but you move around so much that even if you did drink white mochas or carmel frappucinos all day you would burn it off. Luckily, this is a job that you can move with to any part of the country, but I am going to miss my original store when we have to move. Eventually I will go to college/cosmo school and get a degree or two though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 pm

right now I work in a daycare making 8.50, I mostly get super bored since I'm there at nap time, snack and play till you go times, but today was super stressful I didn't eat lunch till 4 and I was like f you kids i'm taking a me break since everyone else seems to go from room to room but me and I've just cleaned p 3 fruit spills, changed clothes, fed two bottles... They say this is a great job to change your mind about kids, but I don't plan on having 7 1-2 yr olds. I have a masters in elem ed though, so I'd like to use that lol. plus I have a bs in photo so i try and use that too.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : What do you do for work? 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 pm

I work part-time as a receptionist at a law firm and I'm also taking college classes for my Bachelor's in Human Resource Management. I like to stay busy while the hubby is away. I can't stand not working because I get so bored at home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:12 pm

That is cool and I totally agree with you though for me it is not just when he is deployed, I go crazy if I dont work period lol
Back to top Go down
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Different Groups : What do you do for work? Character0275

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Right now I am a SAHM.....I have been for the last 2 years! I am so looking forward to finding something to do out of the house! Right now I am trying to find something to do at home!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:46 am

oh my gosh! all that education and you make 8.50?!? what is that all about...you should be running that day care!
Back to top Go down
Kim04
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
Kim04

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:44 pm

I've been trying to work as a receptionist for a law firm for years now!! But they don't want to hire me, lol. It's actually kind of sad.... lol
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:47 pm

if i was a lawyer id hire you kim! no doubt
Back to top Go down
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:45 pm

i went to school for my medical but i am working for a jr high school as a special ed aide. i work one on one with an autisic girl trust me there is never a day that is dull. plus how she is i dont get paid enough only 14.73hf. but i only work 3.5 hrs a day i do enhoy haveing the summer off and all the other school vacations off with pay. just sucks cuz for one month in the summer we dont get paid. lets just hope i can find a job when we move to pt. mugu this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Rachel wrote:
oh my gosh! all that education and you make 8.50?!? what is that all about...you should be running that day care!
lol yeah, I'd do a better job than the director we have now, she's really nice, jut has no clue. I've decided to start looking for teaching jobs again since dh has decided that he may not go ad after all because the navy will bump him down a pay grade and they're only doing 5 yr contracts, I'm like who cares it's still more than you make anywhere else right now. So we'll see. lets just hope I find a school job, i really want to work at hunley since it's afb kids and like a mile down the road.
Back to top Go down
Kim04
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
Kim04

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Rachel, I would love to be your lawyer :) My mom's a lawyer, but they don't need anymore recpetionists either!! lol
Back to top Go down
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:03 pm

I was working at Credit Unions each time we moved. I started out at Chartway Federal Credit Union in Virginia Beach. I have worked at both banks and credit unions. Believe me there is a difference. I will never work for another bank. Credit Unions are the way to go and you can really make good money. Chartway in Virginia Beach and 1st Advantage Credit Union in Newport News are the best. It was really like a family atmosphere. Especially 1st Advantage. Even the president knew my kids names and treated everyone great. My last Credit Union was North Carolina State Employees Credit Union. It wasn't my favorite but I won't say too much. HA HA. I Just quit there a month ago to stay home with my 6 month old. Now I am trying to start up my Avon business. I can haul the baby everywhere I go with that. Plus it didn't take much to get started.
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:58 pm

well I've put my two weeks notice in and I'm either going to have a break through teaching job,or I'll be subbing again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do for work?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: School and Work...What do you do? :: 9 to 5 "Clock Work"-
Jump to: