Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What to do...What to do...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 am

This is a copy n paste from my myspace blog:

So as some of you may know...I havent spoken to my sister in YEARS.Like since 2003.There was a weird fallout involving my niece (her daughter),and I pretty much left her a note and split.She never called me or emailed me to check up on me.And it was just weird.



Well fastforward to October 2007.My niece calls my parents.My parents have had the same phone number/residence since 2000.So even if someone called that number they could still track me down.I called her back and it was weird.I felt like the convo was rehearsed.She asked me where I was working,who I was living with,what I was doing now,etc.I asked her how she was and how my sister was...thats all I wanted to know.The phonecall was maybe 10 mins.



Well as of late with the pregnancy I havent been able to sleep much.And that leaves me to be reading tons of blogs,and what have you.I checked my spam email account mins. ago...yahoo...and to my SHOCK there was an email from my sister.A mass email she sent to everyone on her list.It read:



To Everyone:

Just wanted to let you know that I am engaged! We will set a date soon. We plan to reside in Sewickley, Pa, just minutes outside of Pittsburgh, and I plan to continue my law practice (which will remain 65% divorce law). As you can tell, I am very excited!


Rebecca



What should I say? How should I respond?

For what have you...I do believe people come in and out of your life,for good or bad.To teach you lessons or reexamine your life.I dont know why I have recieved this email or what this could mean.Other than she is coming around and maybe realising without me...she has no family for herself and her duaghter.



Thoughts anyone? 😕
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
avatar

Number of posts : 423
Age : 48
Location : Joshua Tree, CA
Moods :
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 am

Personally, I would congratulate her on her engagement, tell her that you miss her, let her know what is going on in your life, let her know that you want to let bygones be bygones and have a relationship with her again (if that is what you want) and leave the ball in her court. Give her your phone number and ask her to call you so that you can talk. She is your sister after all and for whatever reason the 2 of you haven't spoken for so long, it should be amended. Maybe she is sticking an olive branch out to make amends. Seems like it to me. :)

Good luck. I wish you the best!!!
Kelly
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/imkele
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:05 pm

I did a short and sweet congrats to her and she sent me a huge paragraph...even INVITING MY BROTHER....She hasnt' spoken to my brother,in like 20 years.

So I even called my Dad and said..."check is hell freezing over?!?!?!?'

I sent her a pic of DH and I in his dress blues,and gave her the cliff notes.

I truly think (and so does DH) that her fiancee is behind this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
avatar

Number of posts : 423
Age : 48
Location : Joshua Tree, CA
Moods :
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Could be but it may be a good thing. I'd be on my toes but hope for the best. I hope that your family is reunited and all is well, whomever is behind it. :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/imkele
Kim04
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
avatar

Number of posts : 358
Age : 32
Location : Daytona Beach/Tampa, FL
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Do whatever you feel is right! Just follow your gut instinct :) usually your gut is right, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:56 pm

Uh....I think you didnt read it right,Kim...My SISTER is engaged,Im already married.But thanks for the congrats for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 pm

imkele wrote:
Could be but it may be a good thing. I'd be on my toes but hope for the best. I hope that your family is reunited and all is well, whomever is behind it. :D

Totally agree.

Im bummed DH will be deployed though.And the engagement party is October and Im due Feb.9th....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kim04
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
avatar

Number of posts : 358
Age : 32
Location : Daytona Beach/Tampa, FL
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:05 pm

AHH! I'm sorry :( (that's so embarassing, lol )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
avatar

Number of posts : 714
Age : 33
Location : Fort Belvoir, VA
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:19 am

i would say just keep the emails short and sweet. maybe give her a little information, but i would be really weary about letting her all the way back in...especially if you think her fiance is behind the emails. just a thought...let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
avatar

Number of posts : 423
Age : 48
Location : Joshua Tree, CA
Moods :
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:40 pm

UncleSamWifey wrote:
imkele wrote:
Could be but it may be a good thing. I'd be on my toes but hope for the best. I hope that your family is reunited and all is well, whomever is behind it. :D

Totally agree.

Im bummed DH will be deployed though.And the engagement party is October and Im due Feb.9th....



I'm sorry that your DH will be deployed at the time. I wish you all the best for when you are reunited with your sister. Will he be back in time for the birth?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/imkele
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Hell no.Jerkface will still be overseas...haha.(Bitter maybe?) I will be unpregnant with a screaming kid for a whole month before he even shows up again.At least I get a good spot on the pier for homecoming :P

Well I gave her the cliff notes...and her emails are just weird.Like I havent spoken to her in so long she acts if nothing happened,and something did.It is complicated but suffice to say her daughter tried to kill me a few times.I dont believe in hitting youngsters,so I just left and moved back to my parents (which was also a few states away too.)

She also wants my brother to be at the party...at the wedding.She hasnt spoken to him in 20 years...it truly is that long.

This is someone who has always been very bitter and angry at my whole Dad's side of the family.My Dad's side has always said lets let bygones be bygones we wont bring up the past.She has just perpeuated (sp?) the hate,anger,and bitterness.Life is too short to be pissed off at everyone and have no family at Christmas,you know?

And now suddenly it is like a Montel reunion...and she is calling me her lil sis in emails,and telling me how much she loves me. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
avatar

Number of posts : 714
Age : 33
Location : Fort Belvoir, VA
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:22 pm

UncleSamWifey wrote:
Hell no.Jerkface will still be overseas...haha.(Bitter maybe?) I will be unpregnant with a screaming kid for a whole month before he even shows up again.At least I get a good spot on the pier for homecoming :P

Well I gave her the cliff notes...and her emails are just weird.Like I havent spoken to her in so long she acts if nothing happened,and something did.It is complicated but suffice to say her daughter tried to kill me a few times.I dont believe in hitting youngsters,so I just left and moved back to my parents (which was also a few states away too.)

She also wants my brother to be at the party...at the wedding.She hasnt spoken to him in 20 years...it truly is that long.

This is someone who has always been very bitter and angry at my whole Dad's side of the family.My Dad's side has always said lets let bygones be bygones we wont bring up the past.She has just perpeuated (sp?) the hate,anger,and bitterness.Life is too short to be pissed off at everyone and have no family at Christmas,you know?

And now suddenly it is like a Montel reunion...and she is calling me her lil sis in emails,and telling me how much she loves me. :suspect:



rofl montel. man...i havent watched that show in awhile. that sucks about your hubby! i cant even imagine going through labor and that first month without him. who knows, maybe your sister really does feel sorry but shes just not sure how to say it since its been so long. you still deserve an apology though...maybe you should call her out on it ;) hehe im so devious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 284
Age : 36
Location : Franklin, Virginia
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:52 pm

I think you should at least congratulate her on the engagement!

My sister and I had a fallout years ago too! Just within the last 2 years have we started talking again to eachother...even though its not on a daily basis it is still nice to have her back in life!

_________________


~ Wife To Tyson
~ Momma To Sierra, Jerry, & Timmy
~ Momma To Furbabies Cali, Karma, & SoCo

~Beautiful Diva Minerals~
www.beautifuldiva.com/reps/page/naomiwetterstrom.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Rachel wrote:
UncleSamWifey wrote:
Hell no.Jerkface will still be overseas...haha.(Bitter maybe?) I will be unpregnant with a screaming kid for a whole month before he even shows up again.At least I get a good spot on the pier for homecoming :P

Well I gave her the cliff notes...and her emails are just weird.Like I havent spoken to her in so long she acts if nothing happened,and something did.It is complicated but suffice to say her daughter tried to kill me a few times.I dont believe in hitting youngsters,so I just left and moved back to my parents (which was also a few states away too.)

She also wants my brother to be at the party...at the wedding.She hasnt spoken to him in 20 years...it truly is that long.

This is someone who has always been very bitter and angry at my whole Dad's side of the family.My Dad's side has always said lets let bygones be bygones we wont bring up the past.She has just perpeuated (sp?) the hate,anger,and bitterness.Life is too short to be pissed off at everyone and have no family at Christmas,you know?

And now suddenly it is like a Montel reunion...and she is calling me her lil sis in emails,and telling me how much she loves me. :suspect:



rofl montel. man...i havent watched that show in awhile. that sucks about your hubby! i cant even imagine going through labor and that first month without him. who knows, maybe your sister really does feel sorry but shes just not sure how to say it since its been so long. you still deserve an apology though...maybe you should call her out on it ;) hehe im so devious.

bwhahaha I can only be so eeeeevil.Im already giving DH enough bs about getting me knocked up so PERFECTLY he wont be here for it.He leaves when Im at 17 weeks for the deployment.

I figure if this doesnt earn my military wife merit badge I dont know what the hell will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
avatar

Number of posts : 714
Age : 33
Location : Fort Belvoir, VA
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 pm

seriously...so pretty much the whole pregnancy, labor and delivery and the first month of the baby's life he will miss. man, gotta love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Yep...The guilt trips he gets.He has already decided when he comes home he'll give me time off with the kid.My parents/in laws live about 3 hours away in Alexandria.So theyre gonna come down to visit me and sit up with the baby so I can sleep some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
avatar

Number of posts : 714
Age : 33
Location : Fort Belvoir, VA
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 pm

thats good that you have the support from family. and yah i think it will definitely be his turn to take over when he gets home hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 311
Age : 33
Location : Sunny San Diego
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm

I would congratulate her and wish her the best. *hugs* Good Luck Girl!

_________________

[center
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
avatar

Number of posts : 714
Age : 33
Location : Fort Belvoir, VA
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 pm

have you heard from your sister lately?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
Kim04
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
avatar

Number of posts : 358
Age : 32
Location : Daytona Beach/Tampa, FL
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:54 am

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101


Number of posts : 345
Age : 33
Location : San Diego, CA
Moods :
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 pm

Have you heard from your sister lately as to what is going on and why she is suddenly coming around after so many years?

It seems like she is happy and wants to share her happiness with people she loves and cares about as well. It very well may be because of her new fiance' that she is acting this way but is that really a bad thing? I hate not being able to be civil with the family because it makes holidays, birthdays, and reunions so much harder and less fun. Like some of the other ladies said, I would be civil with her and let her know tidbits of your life but don't let her all the way in just yet. Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 498
Age : 34
Location : Alexandria,VA
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:56 pm

I got a few more emails during that whole week.Then on July13th (my bday) my niece called me.

Im waiting to get the invite from her.

_________________
Interested in understanding military life better?
COMPASS is a spouse-to-spouse mentoring program that introduces participants to all aspects of the military lifestyle. COMPASS offers military spouses the opportunity to establish a peer network, acquire knowledge and develop skills necessary to successfully meet future challenges of military life.
http://www.gocompass.org
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
avatar

Number of posts : 714
Age : 33
Location : Fort Belvoir, VA
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:34 pm

hehe we shall see if it comes! that is the true test
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What to do...What to do...   

Back to top Go down
 
What to do...What to do...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Moody, Moody , Moody!! I need something! :: Soap Box-
Jump to: