Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

koping with kids and frequent deployment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

koping with kids and frequent deployment Empty
PostSubject: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:31 pm

So I guess this is the best place for this post... How does everyone deal with their so's frequent deployment and having kids? Better yet how are the kids handling it? I really want kids and sooner than later, but I'm afraid he's going to miss out on everything being gone more often than not. Advice support, all of that would be nice. thanks
Back to top Go down
proudwifeyandmama
Mod
Mod
proudwifeyandmama

Number of posts : 134
Different Groups : koping with kids and frequent deployment Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:33 am

Well, my son is 2 1/2, and hes been watching the Elmo Deployment DVDs you can get offline. Thats really been helping. He knows " Dad Dee on da boat in da wee wah" ( Daddy is on the boat in the water). You just have to ask yourself. Would you guys rather him miss out on some important moments, or not experience them at all/long time because hes gone? He won't miss out on everything, but some things yes.

Navy life to children is hard. But if ya think about it. If they are raised that way, then its a bit easier for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/determinedmama
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:01 am

I had no idea there was elmo deployment dvds lol. so cute!
Back to top Go down
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Different Groups : koping with kids and frequent deployment Character0275
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Our daughter is 6, our son is 2 and we just had another son in March. For our daughter is was really hard on her when Ty left on deployment....she was so afraid that he wasn't going to come back (long story.....her BIO father left her when she was 2). For our son he was only a little over 1 when Ty left for deployment....he didn't really know what was going on but I could tell that he knew something was different. With this one....Ty when leave here soon! So he will only be a few months old.....I am sure that he's not going to know what's going on but it's hard!

Ty has missed out on alot of things with the kids! Even though he's missed out on things there are still things that he has been there for......it still sucks to have them gone during some of those times but you just have to rearrange things! We have celebrated birthdays for the kids early due to him leaving...just so that he can be here for all of it! It's never easy.....but then again that's part of the military life! As much as it sucks I don't think I would change anything!

The Elmo DVD definately comes in handy with kids!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 pm

thanks ladies, I like the idea of celebrating things early b/c it really is about the family and the significance of the holiday rather than the particular day itself. I'm sure I'll hate it and complain at first (I like to get things of my chest lol), but then I'll become resourceful like us women are and build my life around it. How do your hubby's take it, that's one perspective I never relly thought of.
Back to top Go down
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Ty takes it hard anytime he has missed something that has to do with the kids! He feels like everytime that he goes out that he misses something! I try to tell him that he will be there for another things but I still kills him!

I've come to take TONS of pictures and videos of the new things the kids are doing! As much as he would like to be there for everything the pictures and videos are nice for him to have around....especially on deployment!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 pm

yeah that's a great idea!
Back to top Go down
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:09 pm

He has missed a lot of stuff and joshua misses him a lot because he knows hes gone and working on the ship. Last deployment he missed Kassidy being born because of an extension. But he got home when she was 2 months. But when he is gone we survive its not as bad as most people think. yes we miss him but it dosent stop us from having fun and doing stuff. And dh love getting pictures of us while hes gone
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: koping with kids and frequent deployment   koping with kids and frequent deployment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

koping with kids and frequent deployment
Page 1 of 1