Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-06

HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Empty
PostSubject: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:02 am

what am i supposed to do about my dreams now just like put them on hold and wait for him to get out of the navy to start my own business and watch it grow. i know he gave up some dreams for me and i have done the same but that is my dream to have my own business now that dream is just over and done with?
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE 18
Different Groups : HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Well is your dream something that you need a building for?

If you're married you either need to find a way to pursue it or realise you make sacrifices when youre married,and get over it.If you aren't married...then you can decide how much you want a career (which may or may not work and you may lose your bf/finacee) over being with someone.It isn't an easy decision...but it will be something you need to decide.

I had a few dreams too...then I got pregnant and realised we're gonna be career military.Which means every 3 years,I will be changing dance schools and cannot pursue my love of dance.It was a harsh reality and it sucks,believe me....but Im not getting rid of the kid and divorcing my husband for something so shallow as dance.

There are many women who have careers and arent the typical stay at home moms.There are so many things out there you can move with.

Take a deep breath,this is not the end of the world...as you grow older you will miss out on a lot of things but they will be traded for christmas with your kids.

You're also young...at 18,you can feel getting cornered into a "life" might be too much.You can only decide for yourself what you wanna do.There are many young military wives who love their life,and love their family.And the divorce rate in the military marriage is about something like 75% within the first year of marriage.There are many things to weigh.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:51 pm

thanks for the help! i mean im just like i know i want to be with him and i will follow him to the ends of the earth but i do have a job that i can do all over the place so that is easy enough i didnt think about it that way thanks!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE 18
Different Groups : HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 pm

No problem.

I think also keep in mind and while you dont see this right now...that the military will always come first.That you need to keep in mind you will be single a lot.You will not get holidays more than likely with your husband,and if you do cherish the daylights out of them.

As long as you keep in mind the military trumps everything else in his life and yours,then you've got a piece of the navy pie figured out.
Back to top Go down
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:11 pm

lol yeah ive pretty much realized that now a days!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:11 am

#1 we're married and #2 our hubbies are in the military. we sacrifice tons! its just a way of life. but i think in the long run it will definitely be worth it :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:18 am

yeah i know i was just kinda in a reality shock the other day so to speak it all hit me at once! but yeah i would much rather choose my husband then my job, cause he is my dream!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 am

awww thats beautiful! :) i love the way you put it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:34 am

lol im really corney when it comes to things like that!!!! :!:
Back to top Go down
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Different Groups : HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Character0275
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Have you thought about some sort of home based business? That way no matter where you go or what you do you can just take business with you? I mean its not exactly the same as having your own store on the corner or anything but it would be a business all the same! jmo Good Luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 am

Yeh i mean i change my mind about things as much as i change my underwear lol. so alot i mean and like i just always look for something new!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE   HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HE HAS HIS DREAM BUT WHAT ABOUT MINE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Navy 101 :: Navy Chit Chat-
Jump to: