Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

friendship adjustment

Go down 
+5
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
mjrose514
NavyAirmanWifey
UncleSamWifey
alison
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : friendship adjustment 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

friendship adjustment Empty
PostSubject: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:23 am

Has anyone had any problems with their friends in adjusting to your new navy life? Are you still in contact with those who "originally" were your friends before you had to move? I feel lately as if they are keeping distance from me in a way, or are thinking I am different because I will be a "Navy Wife".

I'm not upset at all, I am just more or less confused as to their reactions about it. And I know ultimately I can make more friends wherever I go, but I don't want to burn any bridges with anyone just because of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : friendship adjustment 18
Different Groups : friendship adjustment Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:37 am

um...ive found a lot of people dont understand.they dont understand the schedules,and how i cant drop everything.ive also found all of my friends recommended i drop everything and move home while im preggo.I cant b/c I have a dog,and my autistic brother thinks it will eat him.Secondly,Im not moving 3 times by myself with a baby/dog (id have to move home,move back when DH returns from deployment and move again when we go Army.) Thirdly,many wives on the ship have no problem being 100s of miles from the closest naval base...I do.I like knowing if crap hits the fan Im 15mins from the Ombudsman to find out.

I do find Im just growing apart from everyone else.Their lives are going on back home...and Im just sorta in a Groundhog Day.

Its weird,and I dont think it gets any easier.
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 pm

OH yeah. On my myspace I have all kinds of Navy stuff there and a lot of the people I thought were my friends....they were like well she just thinks she's better than everyone. And that wasn't even the case. I'm proud of my husband and they jsut don't get it. They don't understand what I've been through and how it all works. They just guess and if you try to explain anything to them it just doesn't register.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:19 pm

well since I already moved away from all my friends to be with hubby, it's not really any diff. but we all knew we'd be moving from each other anyway because we were done with college. if anything I may end up being closer to my friends b/c of the navy.
Back to top Go down
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Different Groups : friendship adjustment Character0275
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:34 pm

I still talk with some of my friends but it's not on a daily basis! I have noticed that alot of the people that were my friends have changed since I had kids. They are always asking if we will go out with them but with 3 kids and not knowing anyone here I am not about to leave my kids with some stranger!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : friendship adjustment 10

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:24 pm

I guess i'll just have to take it as it comes. Maybe this is one of the "battles" of being a navy wife... the husbands get to take care of business financially and the wives get to do it socially.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 am

maybe your friends are scared because they know youre going to be leaving...so theyre just slowly starting to put their guards up so it doesnt hurt so much when you do leave! all my friends have been really supportive...they dont all understand or necessarily approve of what we're doing but theyre supportive. it will be a good way for you to find out who your true friends are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Moods : friendship adjustment 18

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Some of my friends have been really supportive and some of them haven't been. I think the one's who haven't been just don't understand what I'm going through. It hasn't been that they haven't tried to be supportive, it's that they don't know how to be. And I'm still at home. My husband has been stationed in Great Lakes since bootcamp 16 months ago and my children and I have been here in Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Different Groups : friendship adjustment Character0275
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:38 pm

My friends are pretty understanding... they say little things like you left me and im sad i miss you but They are always there for me and try to understand best they can! I have some of the greatest friends! :heart:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:57 am

there are not a lot of people that understand what navy life is like. most of my good friends are still around and they are always there to listen to me cry because my miss dh so much. they are also there when i need to get in a better mood. once you become a navy wife you really find out who your friends are .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: friendship adjustment   friendship adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

friendship adjustment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Navy 101 :: Navy Chit Chat-
Jump to: