Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????

Go down 
+3
NavyAirmanWifey
Rachel
UncleSamWifey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? 18
Different Groups : OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Empty
PostSubject: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 am

So this morning in a haze...Im laying in bed with the tv on (I sleep with the tv on when DH is gone...so there is "background sound" in the house...i know...haha.) And I hear Wavy News 10 *faintly* mention some ship coming home,and welcoming sailors blah blah blah.Then I hear 'aircraft carrier,and squadrons...' and turn to see my husband's carrier sail on by on the tv screen and then hear...

'They will be departing....(NEW DEPLOYMENT DATE THAT CHANGED A FEW DAYS AGO) for International Waters...'

WHAT THE FUCK???

What the fuck does OPSEC say???

Or am I on crack????

The friggin Capt. of the Carrier when he updates the Careline for underways will ONLY announce pull in DATE,48 hours in advance...NOT DAYS IN ADVANCE.And will only announce 24 hours,when the pull in TIME is.

So thank you...shitty Wavy News 10 for violating OPSEC.

You might as well put a target on everyone to get killed like the USS Cole because you've announced the deployment date.

Seriously what the hell are we doing if they can announce it? Why do we all tiptoe around dates then if they're gonna put it out in the open?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Different Groups : OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Character0229

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 am

Oh and my husband's Dad has some insane top secret clearance...

He checks the CNO (Chief of Naval Operations)'s memo for ship movements...we still haven't seen it for the *new* deployment date.

So I don't know why they're telling the guys they're leaving on such and such date when the CNO's memo hasn't been updated. :?:
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 pm

wow...that is just crazy. i think you should call the news program or email them or whatever and give them a piece of your mind. some people are just so ignorant but in this situation there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever! people, SAILOR'S, lives are at risk! they already risk their lives enough being in the military and all, now they and their families have to worry about the stupid media releasing sensitive information?!?! unsat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:47 pm

I know.

I wonder how they found out.

Because some sailor had to have told them.We didn't find out until Monday what was going on.DH had duty yesterday and the CNO's memo by Tuesday still wasn't reflecting the new date.

So someone ran their fucking mouth.

I picked up my husband and a coworker from the pier today and his friend was like...'Grrrrreat now they'll know when to attack us!!!'
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:55 pm

if they got their information from a sailor then he needs to have his butt chewed...big time. thats totally not cool. maybe they will change the dates again...at least i hope so!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:47 pm

hahaha.who knows!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 pm

how about they postpone until, when are you due? february? lol thatd be great.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 pm

i know....one could only wish! haha
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:59 pm

OMG! WTF! When I first moved down here one of the news stations did the same thing...that's freaking crazy. Way to put everyone in danger Wavy News 10!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:41 am

WTF????? That is absolutely insane!!! Who the hell do they think they are? Why the hell would they broadcast something like that? That's total bullshit. I swear, the media doesn't fucking think about anything or anyone at all. All they care about is ratings. Why would that even matter to anyone? EXCEPT THE FUCKING TERRORISTS??? :x

BTW, I'm back!!!! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:51 am

yay! youre back! where ya been anyway???
Back to top Go down
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 pm

that is hella messed up and wrong and here we are trying to support each other an dhave to be very careful on what we say. then they go an djust post everything on tv. that is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Well my FIL said it was even released in a press release.

Which Im still shocked.

The FRG sent this huge mass email out saying we can't mention anything on myspace,facebook,etc.

So its just bullshit.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Rachel wrote:
yay! youre back! where ya been anyway???

Without a computer. It's been awful. :x :cry:
Back to top Go down
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Different Groups : OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Character0275
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Wow thats crazy!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Wala

This is even dated August 28th.

Go Wavy 10!

We actually just got a mass email saying how we shouldn't say the date,and Im like well there was even a press release released,and here it is.So it cant be an OPSEC violation if we're confirming what is already known to the local media here.

You think it was wrong for me to point it out? haha I just went to Wavy 10 website,and searched the ship.That was the third or 4th link down.

I dont wanna be a bitch but c'mon if you're telling us we cant put in a email group for the ship but it is on a FRIGGIN NEWS WEBSITE.

Thats a double standard.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:51 pm

It's complete bullshit. How dare they give anyone shit about talking about it when they've given all the details out to the press! That really takes nerve.
Back to top Go down
navywife2424
Admin
Admin
navywife2424

Number of posts : 109
Moods : OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? 7
Different Groups : OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Character0286
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 am

That is crazy...........sorry!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudnavywifeforever
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????   OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on  crack???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OPSEC Violation???By Wavy News 10???? Am I on crack????
Page 1 of 1