Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maybe I think too much on my own accord...

Go down 
+3
LovinMySailor
imkele
UncleSamWifey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Maybe I think too much on my own accord... 18
Different Groups : Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Empty
PostSubject: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Okay so here is the deal.

We know my husband haaaaaaaaaaaaates the Navy,haaaaaaaates his ship,etc. Got that covered.

So he comes home in Spring 2009,with only less than 6 months to find a job before he is out or reenlists.

So he is all about going in law enforcement.No problem with that job choice on my end.So Ive been researching 3 law enforcement departments in Northern VA.One being Fairfax county (they say 3- 6 months to hire then you go to the academy),U.S. Capitol Police (6mths-12mths to hire and you attend 2 academies),and Metro DC Police (anywhere from 6-12 mnths.)

So if you're following the math here DH has to apply to all of these and hopes one of them clears before his end of service with the Navy.

NOW...here is where it gets to be fun...

All 3 mention that you have to be SEPERATED honorably from the military before you apply.So that means you have to already be out of the military before applying...wtf.

And to be quite honest...with 2 bedroom apts. running about $1300+/month in this area,I have no idea how he thinks we'll live on his unemployment pay.Someone suggested him applying at Home Depot but Im like ...really....he goes from handling guns,to now picking out paint colors for people? And will home depot pay us about $20/hr? haha

Somewhere in all of this we have to afford childcare so I can go back to work because if we're living in this area there is no such thing as "stay at home moms" unless you wanna be constantly broke.We're not trying to live in Georgetown (for you locals) but we're trying to not live in Hoodbridge and/or the ghetto.

Im so worried about this and everyone is trying all the posi crap of....'It'll work itself out when it needs to...' or 'Don't worry...'

HOW CAN I NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS?!?!?!

Where is my and the baby's health insurance going to come from?

How will be put food on the table...and a roof over our head if he is working some bumf**k retail job??? WIC and food stamps only go soooo far!

Arrrrrgh.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Have you looked into the local MD county police? Like Prince Georges County or Montgomery County Police Departments. That might be another option. Just to get his foot in the door of law inforcement and then transfer to VA in the future. Or even the VA State police. You can still live in VA and work in MD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 pm

VSP is HORRIBLE.My ex was a state trooper and you ARE NOT guaranteed WHERE you are stationed.So we could get bum*uck Lynchburg,Virginia or....Richmond,VA.Our luck we'd be stuck in Norf*ck again.

Honestly,every PD does about 5-6 "exams" that you have to pass.They can take anywhere from 4 weeks-3 months,for you to get through each one.And then you may pass your written exam,oral exam,medical exam,and physical but fail on your background check....so you're screwed.There is also a psych exam that has to be completed.Then you go to a live in academy most times.So It is like sh*ttastic bootcamp all over again.Except I could see him weekends.

Arrrrghhhh...I wish we didn't have this kid.I know it sounds horrible but she is making this all horrible on us.Not because we can't do what we want but because we know what needs to be done and what we're willing to do to get out...but I can't work and we can't afford childcare,and I need to work to live in Northern Virginia.

I just don't know what to do...
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:08 am

man i do not want to get stationed over there with everything being so expensive.. how much is the BAH over there??

Im so sorry.. all this is going on.. and ill pray that things start getting better for you.. id try to help but ive never lived in va and i know nothing about it.. once again im sorry!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:23 am

I don't know what to tell you hon. I wish there was something I could do to help. Hug
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:23 am

LovinMySailor wrote:
man i do not want to get stationed over there with everything being so expensive.. how much is the BAH over there??

Im so sorry.. all this is going on.. and ill pray that things start getting better for you.. id try to help but ive never lived in va and i know nothing about it.. once again im sorry!!!

BAH in VA Beach is $1242 and most places rent at about $850-$900 something.Most also don't have washer and dryers in them...that is pretty common in this area.

BAH for Northern VA is $1724.2 bedroom apts. are about that much.

The problem is the job market is complete sh*t in Hampton Roads.So you're stuck with a retail job.Ive held medical office jobs and I couldn't get one there.I just hate Hampton Roads...haha.

Well I think we've come to an agreement.We'll move to SC where we'll get free rent on a house,and it also backs up into his Gmom's yard.So she can see the baby all the time.DH will work for a small PD,and this way he can do a lateral transfer into another PD in Northern VA.He'll be a higher rank and wont be a rookie in the PD.

We'll see...
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:00 pm

That sounds like a good plan. And Everything in SC is sooooo much cheaper than up here too. So for the baby's first few months/year or so, everything you'll need for her will be so much less expensive. WOOHOO!!!
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

Number of posts : 540
Moods : Maybe I think too much on my own accord... 7
Different Groups : Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Character0286
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:04 pm

SC is a whole lot cheaper! I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide.
Back to top Go down
https://navywives.aforumfree.com
navywife2424
Admin
Admin
navywife2424

Number of posts : 109
Moods : Maybe I think too much on my own accord... 7
Different Groups : Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Character0286
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudnavywifeforever
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:24 pm

ooh where in sc? We'd love to have you lol
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:43 am

We'd reside in Hampton,and were sorta iffy on what PDs he'd work at.I have already spoken with the recruiting Sgt. for Beaufort.

Im waiting on an email from family down there...to give us ideas on what PDs to apply to.
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:23 am

well i really hope everything works out for you!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 8:52 am

good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
Navygirlfriend007
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
Navygirlfriend007

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 pm

good luck :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/princess_lizzy007
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I think too much on my own accord...   Maybe I think too much on my own accord... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe I think too much on my own accord...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Moody, Moody , Moody!! I need something! :: Soap Box-
Jump to: