Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!

Go down 
+4
imkele
navywife2424
UncleSamWifey
pvm4ever88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

Number of posts : 540
Moods : Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! 7
Different Groups : Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Character0286
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm

Once again Tricare pisses me off. Okay so as most of you know I was waiting on a letter to come in the mail to tell me who my ob/gyn doctor will be in town. Well I get the letter and give the clinic a call to schedule my appointment.

Note I have not been seen since our last duty station in June(The end of it.) We were on leave all of July and got tricare changed over in August and just now have gotten the letter to tell me who I'm seeing.

I gave them a call and they asked me when I was last seen , I told them June since it was the truth and asked how far along I am. 22 weeks. They tell me that they are unable to take me, that if I'm not up to date with my appointments they can't take me. It's their procedure. So I say "Why would tricare refer me to you all if you can't take me." I'm pretty upset on the phone.

So I called the HR appointment line to see what they can do and they told me to call the Yorktown Clinic, the place that refered me out and have them refer me again.

I'm beyond pissed. I tried calling them all day and kept getting a busy signal so I'll have to go up their tommorrow morning and probably wait 2 more dang weeks for a new letter and hope this new place whereever they send me takes me.

All I want is to see a doctor to make sure my baby is okay is that to much to ask?

Okay I'm done...thanks for reading. Hugs to you all!!

Hug
Back to top Go down
https://navywives.aforumfree.com
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! 18
Different Groups : Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Honestly....this is why I have had Standard all along.

I can chose to go to a military facility or go to a civilian doctor.

I went in to DeWitt Army Hospital today to see what I can do.They put me into their "system" and then I have to call tomorrow to schedule an appointment.

I know with the moving it is hard to do...but you needed to stay ontop of this.Most OB/GYNs take a cut off on how far along they'll see you.It sucks but that is the policy of most OB/GYNs.

They can't see you at Portsmouth? or even the (craptastic 4 hour wait )clinic in Chesapeake?
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:26 pm

The refered me somewhere out in town, because I guess their military places are to full or something. I have prime. It's not my fault I haven't been seen. SC knew when we were going on leave and when we got here we got everything switched over.

I don't know what to do. I'm probably going to be calling places all day tomorrow to see if anybody can take me and have the clinic in Yorktown refer me to them, telling them that's who I want.
Back to top Go down
navywife2424
Admin
Admin
navywife2424

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Wow I hope you get everything taken care of and they see you soon!! Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudnavywifeforever
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:33 pm

pvm4ever88 wrote:
The refered me somewhere out in town, because I guess their military places are to full or something. I have prime. It's not my fault I haven't been seen. SC knew when we were going on leave and when we got here we got everything switched over.

I don't know what to do. I'm probably going to be calling places all day tomorrow to see if anybody can take me and have the clinic in Yorktown refer me to them, telling them that's who I want.

Well you can switch to standard and not have to deal with a referral.

Have you looked online? On the Tricare website? You can research by region,Tricare plan,and what doctor you need.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:09 pm

That is insane. I really hope that you can get this taken care of ASAP. I'd be calling around to everyone to see who can take me and how soon. I had a referral in less than a week because I pushed and bitched until it was taken care of. Granted, it wasn't for a OB/GYN appt, it was for something completely different, but this is more important. Go to or call Patient Admin at your clinic tomorrow and see if they can do anything to help you. If nothing else, they might be able to put you in touch with someone who can.

Hope this helps!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Maybe they can send you to Langley. When we lived at Yorktown that's where I went. I would almost rather go to Portsmouth. I had a miserable experience at Langley. Of course that was 7 years ago so it could be different now. Anyway. I will keep you in my thoughts. I know how stressful it is to be pregnant. Just take a deep breath and count. It will all work out.
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:48 pm

I found a place that would take me :) Im so happy now and just hope it all works out!!
Back to top Go down
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm

oh good. Hope it all works out for you. Will keep you in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 pm

good, glad you found someone to take care of you....that didn't take long! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:24 am

Good! Glad to hear you got it worked out!
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:05 am

I called like everybody on the list that takes Tricare!! Thanks everyone for your support :)
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:14 am

ohh im so glad that you found somebody to take you!!

And i also HATE tricare.. ive had it my WHOLE life because my dad is in the military!!! I hate all the crap you have to go through to change regions
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:19 am

How soon can you get in to see the doc???
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:01 pm

That's shitty. My friend just found out she was pregnant and they put here in Langley. I don't understand that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!   Tricare Pissed me off once again!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tricare Pissed me off once again!!!
Page 1 of 1