Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Moods : We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... 18
Registration date : 2008-06-05

We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Empty
PostSubject: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:36 am

He wasn't able to switch his orders or change them in any way so it's off to 29 Palms we go. Pete will be home either Thursday oir Friday of next week and then a week to 10 days later, we're off to California. He's working with a realtor to find us off base rental housing. I found a few places that are within our BAH with money left over that are really, really nice. Single family homes with yards. I can't believe it. I found them on www.militarybyowner.com website. Also, we won't be able to get movers to move us. He's been telling me all along not to worry about packing. Now, I have a 3 bedroom apartment to pack up in 2 weeks. Lovely. Grrrrr!!! MEN!!! If he didn't procrastinate so much, things would have been taken care of by now. Atomic Oh well, I've gotta do what I gotta do.

Also, Kayla, who has been saying that she's not going to go with us, is probably going to go now because Pete told me tonight that he put her on all of his transfer paperwork and if she doesn't go with us, she'll lose all of her benefits. When I told her this, she seemed to start to change her mind. Her only argument was about her GED classes. She doesn't want to have to start them over. The way I see it is that it's better to start them over than to lose her benefits. Especially since she is probably going to need surgery on her knee.

I'm so excited to be moving that I can't see straight. As for seeing my husband, I have mixed feelings about that. The way things have been between us the last several months have been a rollercoaster ride. So I'm kind of emotionless about it. Does that sound weird? I mean, I love him with all my heart. It's just that I really don't know how to feel. I'm kind of nervous because I don't know how he's going to be when he comes home since he's been Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde for so long. Even when I've gone out to visit and he's been home on leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:21 am

im sorry ya'll couldnt get your orders switched.. that really sucks.. im really lucky that my hubby isnt fmf!!!

As for the procrastinating.. i know what you mean.. my hubby has been telling me that the navy will movers to pack our stuff up and put it all in storage because im getting a furnished apartment back in indiana while he is on his 7-9 month deployment to gtmo... and he leaves beginning of next month and he comes home last week and tells me oh they arent going to move are stuff.. we have to... and he said he has been meaning to tell me for a couple weeks and kept forgetting!! And im like wtf?!?! So i am in the same boat as you with packing everything up in 2 weeks!! lol

Congrats on finding a nice home in your price range.. thats awesome!! is it a house or apartment or what?!

oh btw. i hope everything goes okay with your daughter!! And that everything gets good with you and your hubby!! Your in my prayers!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Moods : We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... 18
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks. I'm sorry you're stuck in the same predicament that I'm in too. MEN!!! UGH!!! What are we going to do with them??? So far, we haven't found a place yet but we've looked on the website and saw quite a few single family homes that are beautiful and Pete is in contact with a realtor from the site to find us a house to rent. I saw another house on there tonight and I emailed it to him so he can check it out tomorrow and call about it. Everything that we've found has been single family homes. It's great. Most of them have garages and fenced in yards too. It's fabulous. All under $1000. I can't believe it!!! Single family homes in California with 2-3 bedrooms cheaper than 2-3 bedroom apartments here in Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
navywife2424
Admin
Admin
navywife2424

Number of posts : 109
Moods : We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... 7
Different Groups : We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Character0286
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:42 am

I hope you find the perfect house for you and the family!! Good luck on your move!! Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudnavywifeforever
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:32 am

awesome... im so happy for you!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:36 am

good luck finding a place! i'm sure you will get everything done in time but, i know what you mean about men. you can't live with em' and you can't live without em', haha. you will have to keep us updated with how things are going at home with packing and everything in case we can help out at all. i'm not sure where 29 palms is, but if it's not too far, we could always help with unpacking and everything. i will keep you in my thoughts and hope things go over smoothly when you see your hubby again!!! XOXO call me if you need to talk or anything even though i'm not much of a phone person, i will sacrifice myself for you lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...   We're Heading Out to 29 Palms... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're Heading Out to 29 Palms...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Navy 101 :: Navy Chit Chat-
Jump to: