Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

I didn't ask for that...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 498
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: I didn't ask for that...   Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:07 pm

So Im on another forum for performing arts.Im SERIOUSLY considering doing ballet again after this kid pops out.Helps to tone and strengthen the body,and I miss going on pointe...

So I asked for advice on returning to ballet,how easy is this,would this be easy with my professional irish dance background,etc.

And I got this...

Quote :
I sa follow your dream! From what it appears you are not too old! In fact, you are very young on my charts! If you really love ballet, if it is your passion, then what should stop you from going back?
But, as a warning, please do not neglect your child because you your ballet! How, exactly, do you plan to do ballet AND take care of your child? I think you should take ballet, but do not make it an all day every day thing, ya know?
Maybe an hour a day, a few days a week. But please do not just leave your child with a babysitter after birth! It needs time with it's mother. If you are not around, when it grows up, I think there will be something missing.

Good luck with your career and child!

Seriously...wtf?!?!?!

Did I ask for your opinion on childcare whilst Im taking ballet?!?!?! I dont think so.Is is any of your damn business how I chose to take care of my child and pursue dance? Nope.

That just irks me someone would overstep to inform me how I should care for my child,how it coincides with my child,etc.

PEOPLE....arrrrgh.

COMPASS is a spouse-to-spouse mentoring program that introduces participants to all aspects of the military lifestyle. COMPASS offers military spouses the opportunity to establish a peer network, acquire knowledge and develop skills necessary to successfully meet future challenges of military life.
http://www.gocompass.org
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!

Number of posts : 145
Moods :
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: I didn't ask for that...   Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Everyone has their own opinions. Maybe they have had bad neglecting experiences with children, or they were neglected as a kid. Either way, you will be able to take ballet with or without their consent. Just do it and have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 540
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I didn't ask for that...   Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm

I agree with Alison! You can do ballet and be a mother both.

I'm going to move this to our "Blowing Steam Really" Room.

Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 311
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: I didn't ask for that...   Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Wow that would have bothered me too. I see what allison is saying and agree with her. But dang that chick really took that in the wrong direction. I think you should follow your passion and enjoy yourself you can do that and deserve to!

[center
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 423
Moods :
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: I didn't ask for that...   Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:58 pm

WTF???? Who the hell was that person to go off on you because you want to take ballet after your child is born? Come on now!!! It's not like you were asking how you can get into completely neglecting your child. You want to get back into shape after your child is born and pursue your passion. There is nothing wrong with that. Don't let some self riteous bitch get to you. She's not worth the energy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/imkele
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 498
Moods :
Different Groups :
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: I didn't ask for that...   Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:50 am

I actually took the whole discussion off of the message board and called her out in a very nice nonMe way.

I was like it is none of your damn business how I raise my kid...for your info Im married,and my husband is actually ENCOURAGING me to do something to keep me sane from him and the kid.

The messageboard is pretty strict about going off topic,discussing anything that would give away personal info,etc.

She even had the balls after all of that to ask me the child's name...I flipped out.

Everyone had my back,and she told me to step away from the computer and not be such a bit*h basically.

It was quite comical..Im assuming she is like 18 or 19,and was trying to be overly cute.It just irks me when someone is being overly rude or offensive and says 'oh hun' or crap like that.

COMPASS is a spouse-to-spouse mentoring program that introduces participants to all aspects of the military lifestyle. COMPASS offers military spouses the opportunity to establish a peer network, acquire knowledge and develop skills necessary to successfully meet future challenges of military life.
http://www.gocompass.org
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I didn't ask for that...   

Back to top Go down

I didn't ask for that...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Moody, Moody , Moody!! I need something! :: Soap Box-
Jump to: