Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homecoming...what to wear?

Go down 
+2
pvm4ever88
Cass_Love
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cass_Love
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office

Number of posts : 11
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 9
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Homecoming...what to wear? Empty
PostSubject: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:44 am

This is my first time being able to go see him pull in from deployment. I live in Florida and I am going to VA within the next 2 weeks, and I am trying to figure out what to wear. I hear its chilly over there. Last year I went in September, he told me it was hot, so i brought SUMMER clothes. I came home sick as a dog and lost my voice. DON'T want that to happen again, I can't afford to get sick lol Also, what do they do when they pull in? Ive heard they have this big ceremony for a couple of hours and a band playing and all. I dont know what to expect so I dont know what to wear. Just looking for some help lol. Im pretty sure I am going to wear jeans, Sweater dresses over here are not as a big demand and they are too expensive for one day.
Back to top Go down
Cass_Love
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:45 am

And the only thing hes mentioned about what he wants me to wear is the lingerie. Glad hes ready to talk lol
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

Number of posts : 540
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 7
Different Groups : Homecoming...what to wear? Character0286
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:49 am

Lol can tell what's on his mind lol.

Well we don't want you to come down sick and I want to congratulate you that he is coming home soon.

What to wear? Well I would suggest maybe nice dress pants and cute top. You can never go wrong with that :) That's just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
https://navywives.aforumfree.com
Cass_Love
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Do people really get that dressed up? I dont want to feel so out of place. His mom is wearig jeans, three sweaters and a blanket.
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

Number of posts : 540
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 7
Different Groups : Homecoming...what to wear? Character0286
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Cass_Love wrote:
Do people really get that dressed up? I dont want to feel so out of place. His mom is wearig jeans, three sweaters and a blanket.

I never been to a homecoming yet, so I'm not quite sure. I would wear something that you'll be comfortable in :) If his mom is wearing jeans then maybe you should to.
I just always tell myself when my DH comes home from a deployment I want to look nice, even though he'll just be happy to see me since it would of been a long time.

I just suggested nice dress pants, because I wear them all the time and I never seen them as to dressy. I would think a business outfit is dressy...but I wouldn't wear that.
Back to top Go down
https://navywives.aforumfree.com
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:03 pm

At first I thought you were talking about Homecoming as in school and the football game, ha. I am still so new at this :)

Cara's got some good advice. And even if his mom is wearing jeans, you are always allowed to step it up if you want to look nice. But if you did want to wear jeans, there are ways you can dress them up, with a nice shirt or two, and it just depends on the accessories you have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
Cass_Love
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Haha. I miss high school homecomings. The dress and the heels! LOVE it. So sad now to think that was 3 years ago. lol

I am planning to wear jeans with heels. I dont want to look like a horrible scrub lol But with weather wise and me being a tropical girl, I dont know what 60-70's is.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 18
Different Groups : Homecoming...what to wear? Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:16 pm

It is cold...it will be freezing on the pier.

If it is mildly cold in VA Beach by the time you get to the Pier it will be 10-20 degrees colder cause you are RIGHT on the water.Here in Northern VA it is already sweatshirt and jeans weather.It has been dropping down to 48 at the evening and during the day.

My husband has told me to not dress up...but I look at this way...he hasn't had sex for 6-9 months,so do you wanna look amazing? Or just like everyone else?

My husband comes back in the Spring so Caoilainn and I can dress up to meet Daddy.Im going to put her in a cute outfit prolly just a onesie...I also have a bib for her to wear that says 'Somebody on the (Ship Name) Loves Me' that I bought from the FRG.

I plan on getting my hair done,eyebrows done,and nails done before he comes home.Also getting the car shampooed and cleaned inside out.

They prolly do not care what you look like...they don't,they wanna be back in America and eat real food.My husband ate 6 hamburgers from Wendy's the last time...he was so happy to eat a decent meal.

So that puts into perspective what is going through their mind...haha.

We're also going to do a weekend getaway (DH is in charge of it which scares me...haha) to we can have "couple time" before we have to be hardcore parents...haha.

Good luck!

Last edited by pvm4ever88 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : OPSEC)
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:21 pm

good response, shannon. he won't really care what you're wearing, he'll just be happy to see you! i haven't done a homecoming yet but, i KNOW it's chilly on the pier so you better bring a jacket or sweater to wear if you plan on wearing a dress or anything like that. i'll probably be like shannon and go all out since i haven't seen my husband in 6 months or so....that's just me though. wear whatever you feel comfortable in. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:11 pm

alison wrote:
At first I thought you were talking about Homecoming as in school and the football game, ha. I am still so new at this :)

Cara's got some good advice. And even if his mom is wearing jeans, you are always allowed to step it up if you want to look nice. But if you did want to wear jeans, there are ways you can dress them up, with a nice shirt or two, and it just depends on the accessories you have.

LOL
Back to top Go down
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:13 pm

I like all of ya'll advice LOL

I am ready to go to a Homecoming LOL
Back to top Go down
Cass_Love
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 pm

No way will I wear a dress. Im from an island. Winter for us is 85! Hes more worried about the lingerie than what I wear outside. I might do the layering thing and bring a nice sweater.

I suck at accessories. Its like a foreign language to me lol My best friend is very good with that and she helps me out, but shes back in Indiana.

I am trying not to spend anything. I asked a friend who lived in Ohio for a long time and she has some clothes I might be able to wear. Hopefully I can find something cute and warm!
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : Homecoming...what to wear? 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:52 am

Good luck! It sounds like you will pick out something great :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
Cass_Love
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Well plans have changed. Looks like we might not be able to see him at the pier. Whats life without the Navy throwing the curveball. I thought it was too good to be true, they got me though.

I think I have what to wear, even though I cant see him pull in, im just happy hes coming home! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming...what to wear?   Homecoming...what to wear? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homecoming...what to wear?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Wives Stick Together :: Navy 101 :: Navy Chit Chat-
Jump to: