Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8 weeks for real?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : 8 weeks for real? 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:06 pm

So I was thinking about it, and if my calculations are right, John will be getting out of boot camp on Nov 26. Do they delay for holidays? Or is it really set in stone? It seems to me like he wouldn't be getting out so close to Thanksgiving, but I am learning so someone help a sista out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Different Groups : 8 weeks for real? Character0275
Registration date : 2008-06-04

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:07 pm

I am pretty sure the date is set! Then again it's been years since I was in bootcamp.....things could have changed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: dates   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Well at least with my husband, he was in boot camp for 9 weeks with all the holidays that happened and his wasn't even near big ones. He went Jan. 9 - Mar. 9 2007. That's with out getting held back. I think it was MLK Jr. day and Presidents day. Once they tell him the day and he tells you it is pretty set, though they will threaten to hold them all longer if they aren't bonding as a team, I think they do it to every division. I don't think the first couple of days count. This isn't to scare you, but it's a lot like pregnancy 9 months is really 10, boot camp is 8 weeks but turns out to be 9 a lot. I know it's hard, I hated boot camp and the separations are never super easy but you will look back a think that the couple of weeks wasn't so bad and you wish that's all he was gone now. My husband was stationed in Great Lakes, IL for school after boot camp and ahead at the calendar boot camp graduation is always on a friday... always. so it would probably be the 28th but almost guaranteed they won't do it that week. If you are lucky because of the holiday they may do it the week before... but please don't get your hopes up on that one. I hope this has helped.
Back to top Go down

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:25 am

My husband only went for 6 weeks.
If they get out on the Thanksgiving weekend they usually get overnight liberty which would be amazing because any other weekend they don't get it they have to be back at night.
But don't worry. I cried a lot during bootcamp but you will get that letter once a week on the same day every week and in the end it will be totally worth it. Bootcamp grad is the most amazing feeling ever. Just write him everyday even though they can't write you every day they definately appreciate it and try not to be down in your letters it really gets to them. Just stay positive for you & him & you guys will be awesome!! Welcome to the Navy Life :]
Back to top Go down

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 pm

My husband was gone for 8 weeks. But I didnt see him for like 3 months, because I was in school in FL, and he was out in IL. So it was kinda hard, but actually because I had my senior year of high school going on while he was gone, I had the support of my friends, plus the school I was at, I was new that year. So it made it fly by pretty much.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : 8 weeks for real? 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 pm

ahh thanks for the info ladies. i'm not worried about being alone, because i'll have my newborn daughter to take care of, i was just trying to figure out planning and what to do for the Thanksgiving holiday. But i'll just assume we will be up in IL for it. That's cool :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Different Groups : 8 weeks for real? Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-11

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:40 pm

My husband went for 8 weeks. He was there during 4th of July and since the first few days didn't count he was actually there for 9 weeks. He didn't get the 4th of July off and didn't get to even watch the fireworks. What they said up above me about not bonding as a team....they told my husband that too. I was 16 weeks pregnant when I finally got to see him again and I suggest that when they tell them that liberty is called you wait a minute. I got up and almost got knocked down the bleachers and as I was walking towards my husband they kept bumping into me. I understand they didn't know I was pregnant and everyone was anxious to see their loved ones but I wouldn't want anything to happen to your daughter. Congratulations and welcome to the Navy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Different Groups : 8 weeks for real? Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-11

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Also, I emailed them while my husband was in boot camp. They were very helpful in answering my questions and they are really really nice. Here's the email address and you can find out for sure what will happen rtc.pao@navy.mil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-06

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:38 am

I can barely last a week with out crying like 5 times a day this is soo hard for me and like i was never away from him and now he is gone and i havnt talked to him in a week and they sent his clothes home and it scared me to death cause i didnt realize that these were his old clothes so i kinda jumped the gun a little and yeah then i called my father in law and he calmed me down but it is so hard im just glad to know there are more the one of me who are going through this right now! My best friend is not there for me when i need her most and my parents do not get it because they have never been military or with anyone military. No one around me knows what im going through and i guess this is basically the calm before the storm right especially since he will be a seal in a year. Idk alot is happening really fast!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:15 am

we've all been through what you're going through! we're here for you all the way. its really really tough but just know youve got an awesome prize waiting for you at the end :) ! Just stay strong for him. Think of how hard it is for you, and multiply that times 100! He is in a strange place, with strange people, eating strange food and getting his butt kicked every single day! When you get to talk to him just be as happy and positive as you can because if you're really upset and he can tell it will make it that much harder for him. You'll get through it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:19 am

yeah i know and everything on the home front is settling down and like idk im a newly wed and he just left so i was in a shock
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:21 am

definitely. its hard at anytime in your relationship. has he called you yet? or sent you a letter?
Back to top Go down
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:33 am

no nothing and its like im writing him a letter right now and idk what to say besides i miss him and i hope he is doing well and everything is ok on the home front
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:36 am

yah...thats really all you can say.
Back to top Go down
t_effler
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
t_effler

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 am

Its hard though not telling him everything that is going wrong out here though, like i was dropping little lines but nothing to much and dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8 weeks for real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 weeks for real?   8 weeks for real? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8 weeks for real?
Page 1 of 1