Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-04

The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Empty
PostSubject: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:29 pm

So my husband cross rated so in order to do that he had to extend his contract. We did this fully assured by his PS at his last command that after he got his new rate he should have no problem re-enlisting as soon as possible. Well now that we are out here his NC here is saying that he can't re-enlist til I think 2010. Well that would make his time in service somewhere around 7 years which pretty much ruins any chance of a decent re-enlistment bonus. Its just frustrating because the whole reason we made this move was because it made good sense career wise and financially and now they are pretty much saying that it won't happen. UGh so much for like 25,000 dollars right. Sorry just had to vent
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrystalc0805
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Different Groups : The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Character0275

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:10 pm

That totally sucks! Does he have anything from his last command saying something about re-enlisting early?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm not sure if there is a paper trail, I think he may contact his PS from our last command and see if they had anything in writing re: the re-enlistment, extension thing. Its whatever, it sucks but not a whole lot we can do about it :)
Back to top Go down
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:57 pm

That would be a good idea......hopefully they will have something for you guys! Gotta love the navy......they always manage to mess something up! I hope that everything works out for you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses 18
Different Groups : The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:48 pm

And sadly,this is why my husband is going Army.His EOS is August 9,2009,by midnight I will be an Army Wife.

He has been so screwed over by this command...that he doesn't even wanna chance it with a different ship,different base,different command,etc.

While I dont think the grass will be greener on the Armyside (I have heard some stories...),he feels he will be happier...so gotta go with what the boy wants...haha.
Back to top Go down
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:13 pm

lol i feel ya we have been screwed over a few times, but if it made any sense it wouldn't be the U.S. military. But thanks I hope that everything works out too, that woulda made a really nice down payment on a house or something
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:15 pm

ditto.

i hope you guys can get something in writing.

again sadly from my experience with having to fight the navy for BAH (even tho I was DEERS the day after we were married),I wont hold my breath for anything with them.My husband is still having to fight them on why we should be getting BAH...we have it now,but they've been threatening to take it away from us. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:02 am

UncleSamWifey wrote:
And sadly,this is why my husband is going Army.His EOS is August 9,2009,by midnight I will be an Army Wife.

He has been so screwed over by this command...that he doesn't even wanna chance it with a different ship,different base,different command,etc.

While I dont think the grass will be greener on the Armyside (I have heard some stories...),he feels he will be happier...so gotta go with what the boy wants...haha.
my hubby is going to army to. but he is going to do his shore duty then Army here we come. his ship has done him wrong and they people he works with are doing him wrong. he is just not happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:12 pm

asailorslove wrote:
UncleSamWifey wrote:

my hubby is going to army to. but he is going to do his shore duty then Army here we come. his ship has done him wrong and they people he works with are doing him wrong. he is just not happy.

yeah DH just doesnt want to continue with sitting around for 5 hours to polish door handles...that DRIVES HIM CRAAAAAAAZY.

So we're putting in for infantry,and hoping for Fort Bragg.How bout you guys?
Back to top Go down
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Sorry hun! *Hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses   The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Navy, re-enlistment and bonuses
Page 1 of 1