Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tricare question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:47 pm

ok so we got my reserves id today and I wanted to change our address to the one were we are instead of his parents (I hate having any of our stuff go to them), especially b/c once he goes ad tricare will send stuff to that address, well he wouldn't do it saying we'll probably be moving soon (whole other story ah!) anywho, when I brought it up to him that I'll need to get our tricare info when he goes to bootcamp or ocs not his parents he told me that I wouldn't be covered till after 100 days of him being ad, but I swear the recruiter said I get all benefits from day one. Anyone know the truth here? I mean if dh got called up now for more than thirty days I'd get it, so why not when he goes ad? thanks
Back to top Go down

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Our recruiter also told us that my daughter and I are fully covered from day 1. Then again, I guess I don't know what "AD" is, so maybe that would make a difference. *shrug* I still don't think it makes sense that you wouldn't get benefits immediately. I hope someone else has better info for you. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : tricare question 18
Different Groups : tricare question Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:36 pm

I will ask DH later...I assume that it will carry over regardless.We're doing something different but we're doing the Blue to Green program.And at midnight on my husband's EOAS then we will be Army and there will be NO LAPSE in my Tricare/United Concordia.We just have to change base stickers,and my ID to reflect USA as opposed to USN.

You could always call Tricare too.
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:07 pm

AD= Active duty, currently my dh is reserve so no tricare and he's going AD so tricare.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : tricare question 18
Registration date : 2008-06-07

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Okay.DH just said to contact Tricare....cause he gave me the 'what is he doing then' :confused: look.

https://www.tricareonline.com/welcome.do

You just gotta figure out what region you're in.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 pm

i was told as soon as i had my id i was covered under tricare so i would assume once he goes ad you would be covered. but yah definitely contact tricare to be sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:10 am

mjrose514 wrote:
AD= Active duty, currently my dh is reserve so no tricare and he's going AD so tricare.
Oh, duh! :oops:
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 am

jinx it's alright sometimes the simplest ones are the ones that get you b/c there are just too many :tongue:
Back to top Go down

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:14 pm

mjrose514 wrote:
jinx it's alright sometimes the simplest ones are the ones that get you b/c there are just too many :tongue:
;)
Back to top Go down
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:02 pm

my son and i were covered from day one to. so ad gets covered from day one and family 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
Sponsored content

tricare question Empty
PostSubject: Re: tricare question   tricare question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tricare question
Page 1 of 1