Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horrible Pain.

Go down 
+7
Mindy
rdersham
UncleSamWifey
ASailorsKiss
seabeewife
asailorslove
NavyAirmanWifey
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Different Groups : Horrible Pain. Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm

So last night my back started hurting really bad and it hurt so freaking bad. Everytime I moved it hurt really freaking bad. So I decided that I would try and take a shower to relax my muscles. Well I get into the bath tub and my stomach started hurting really bad. It hurt whenever I took a breathe. It was almost as bad as when I was in labor. I couldn't sit down because that made it hurt worse. I was bawling and Nathan took me to the Urgent Care Center. They were like can I help you and I was like cussing at them telling them I need a fucking doctor and they took forever to take my vitals and ask me questions. I was getting so mad at them I asked if they would hurry the heck up. Well they took me back to a room. And the Dr. rushed into my room. They made me pee in the cup, they took my blood, stuck an iv in me and had a CT scan. Turns out I have a kidney stone. =( That was really painful! So now I'm just waiting on it to pass....and hopefully it will be soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:25 pm

OMG i am sorry my mom had one and i mean she was in the worst pain. she was not the same because the dr. keept her on these pills and i guess it had passed becasue when she went back it was gone. since she was so druged up that she didnt even feel it pass. hope you are ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:35 am

Awww man that sucks my husband has had kidney stones and my sister gets them every time she is pregnant. Hopefully they can give you good painkillers til it passes, I hear that kidney stones are the closest thing to the amount of pain you go thru in labor, so I hope that you are feeling better :)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrystalc0805
ASailorsKiss
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
ASailorsKiss

Number of posts : 28
Moods : Horrible Pain. 9
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:09 am

Same thing happened to me, having that flank pain...couldn't get comfortable and it does hurt more than labor! Went to Urgent care, peed in a cup then sent to the E.R. When I got there, there was actually another person (a guy) who had one and he couldn't sit still....he kept pacing to deal with the pain, I couldn't move and just cried. I had the choice to do lithotripsy (soundwaves destroy it) or put me on i.v. fluids to help pass it...not wanting to be put under I opted for that one instead. The stone itself was caught in one of my ureters (that goes from kidneys to bladder) and you could see on the scan how dilated it was from it being jammed. They gave me demerol, which made me sick but helped the pain...I would hit the pca pump and then just wait to vomit. After two days in the hospital I passed it...and no wonder those suckers hurt...this thing was black and was about the size of a Nerds candy piece and had sharp sharp points...I gave it to the nursing school I attended. Some people have a propensity to having stones...especially if you don't drink enough water and you drink alot of caffeine....caffeine pulls calcium from your bones...kidney stones are made up of calcium. But count yourself lucky, there are actually kidney stones called staghorn....that stay in your inner kidney and take the shape of your kidney....ugh. Anyway....continue to drink plenty of fluids and cut down on your calcium...but again, like I said, some people have a propensity towards developing them, lets hope you don't. Be Well....Karen
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gunngal
ASailorsKiss
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
ASailorsKiss

Number of posts : 28
Moods : Horrible Pain. 9
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 am

OOOPs....last line...cut down on your CAFFEINE..not calcium....I should have previewed before I posted! Plus, I was thinking I need to take my calcium today!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gunngal
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Horrible Pain. 18
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:50 am

Chantelle-

Pretty much what she said.Drink tons of water...which will help to flush out your kidneys.And cut back on the milk.

The water will help it pass.

Good luck! And if you need anything lemme know.Im not working this week until Friday.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : Horrible Pain. 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:57 am

awww, i hope you pass it soon! like they said, drink LOTS of water to try to help it pass. let us know how everything goes. take care!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah it was just like being in labor seriously. It hurt so bad. I couldn't sit down because that seemed to make it worse. But standing up didn't help much either. I kept walking around and was crying. I haven't had a drink of soda since we've been to the hospital. I'm never drinking soda again. Got back on the water and juices. They gave me percocets to help with the pain and something to help relax my bladder. And these like strainer like things for when I pee. I gave up on them though cuz I only had two and I'm not using them over and over again. I just can't bring myself to do it. So I don't know if it passed or not.
Back to top Go down
Mindy
Mod
Mod
Mindy

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Wow that sounds bad makes me want to stop drinking soda. I get UTI's when I drink soda but it is a drug.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mindycox
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:59 pm

UTI's arent any better.There will come a point when your body is immune to the antibiotics for UTIs.You esp. shouldn't be drinking caffiene anything if you get UTIs from soda.

I already had one failed kidney and got constant UTIs as a kid,so the whole medication just stopped effecting me.So they removed my left kidney when I was 10.

Most people dont have to worry about that...but drinking energy drinks,Mountain Dew,Starbucks,and soda will wreck some serious damage on your kidneys.
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah I got a uti when I was pregnant. I have one now too they said. But I'm not really worried about it because it doesn't hurt me like they say. Like it doesn't cause pain when I go to the bathroom or whatever it's supposed to do. I didn't feel it when I was pregnant either. And I think someone owes me and Ethan an overdue visit! Cough Cough.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Yeah,yeah I know.

hahaha

The night I went to the Portsmouth ER,they told me I had a UTI and I totally didn't feel it.Usually,its just horrible burning or something...and hadn't gotten any of those symptons.
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Yeah that's what everyone's told me that it like burns when you pee and stuff. But both times I've gotten one I haven't felt anything. I probably would of never known if I hadn't of went to the Er.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 pm

ouch! hope you get feeling better soon! and i friggin hate uti's!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : Horrible Pain. 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Cranberries are great for helping UTIs, I would try to find some good juice that isn't sugary.

And as far as the kidney stones supposedly hurting more than labor, I am now happy to be passing a baby, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:09 pm

Yeah I drink a lot of cranberry juice anyway.

I think they are about the same...just labor is a looooooooooot longer. I was in labor for 3 hours. Labor probably hurts more because it's longer and they won't give you an epidural until your so far along and some of the things they do hurt like hell. I know I'm never getting an epidural again though.
Back to top Go down
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:19 am

There are so many different kind of stones. Make sure when you pass one you save it and have them analize it. There are about 13 different kinds and they are all caused by different things. I had one 2 years ago that was an inch. They had to blast it twice in 6 months into pieces small enough to pass then it didn't all pass and some fell into the bottom of my kidney and they had to do surgery through my back to remove it. I was in the hospital for a few days and then had a tube coming out of my back for 2 weeks. And all because of a kidney stone. I couldn't believe it. It took a whole year to get rid of it. Now I have to go to a urologist every 6 months to get an xray to check for more.
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:46 am

Yeah they told me to pee in strainer things...but they only gave me two because when I got my ct scan it was already so low. But I threw them away because it still hadn't came out and then like the the second time I peed without one I saw something weird in the toilet. I think it was it but IDK.
Back to top Go down
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:47 am

You could use a coffee filter. I think I remember my sister having to use one of those. My dad said when he passed his he could hear it clink in the toilet. Because they broke my up into pieces I never felt any pass. Thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 am

Did you have your baby at Langley? I had my daughter there and I was in labor for 36 hours. They had to give me 2 epidurals because the first one was just a temporary and they made me wait until I was 7 cetimeters. It was miserable. That is one of the reasons when we got stationed back at Wiliamsburg we decided to live far far away. I swore I would never give birth in another military hospital. This time around I went to the civilian hospital with the same doctor I had for the whole pregnancy and it was the most pleasant experience. He gave me some kind of suppository to help it along and I had my epidural before I was even at a 4. It was over in 3 hours and I never even broke a sweat. I said if more people had labors like my 2nd one there would be more babies. LOL
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:52 am

No I didn't have it at Langley. I had it at Riverside and I will NEVER go back there! It was the worst experience. I stopped breathing. My son's heartbeat dropped down to 54 while he was still in me. They didn't tel me it was a bad idea for me to get an epidural and then when it was time to start pushing my epidural wasn't in right and didn't take effect. Next time we have a baby I want to have it at the military doctor. We'll be in California next time though. My friend had her baby at Langley and looooved it. But everyone's experience is different. I loved the Dr office I went to but the nurses at Riverside were awful. Yeah my labor was fast and everyone thinks I'm really lucky but I also was under a lot of stress because my son's heartbeat was at 54 at the lowest and kept dropping and stuff. I'm scared next time because if Nathan's at work I don't want to have a baby at home.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : Horrible Pain. 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:19 pm

how are you doing now??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:35 pm

Eh I think it passed. I haven't felt any pain They gave me like 3 different kind of medicines though and they were muscle relaxers and pain killers and I still haven't finished them up so I really think I passed it and didn't know because I was so drugged up. Haha. I haven't took the pills in about 3 days though. Thanks for asking. =)
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : Horrible Pain. 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:36 am

I think it's kind of awesome how you have had an epidural, and have decided for the future to be against it. I know it will be painful, but I want to try my hardest to not have one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:13 am

Screw that...Ive had one before for my lower back,and I will have no probs taking as much medication as I want.

I never wanted kids,and my husband knows that.

Im tempted to get everything tied up after this one.

This wasn't suppose to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horrible Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Pain.   Horrible Pain. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horrible Pain.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next