Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're moving in about 5 days...

Go down 
+2
rdersham
imkele
6 posters
AuthorMessage
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Moods : We're moving in about 5 days... 18
Registration date : 2008-06-05

We're moving in about 5 days... Empty
PostSubject: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:27 am

Pete still isn't home yet. He's STILL at Great Lakes. They are STILL making him fill out more and more paperwork that he should have been finished with by now but for the past 2 weeks, even though he's been leaving the command, they have been making him work in the clinic as much as possible instead of taking care of his detachment from command paperwork. Everyone else who has worked in the clinic who has left the command to PCS to another command has not had to work in the clinic for the last 2 weeks so they could take care of the what they had to take care of to leave, but not my husband. They've made him work almost everyday. I'M PISSED!!!!!! He should have been able to leave yesterday and bbe home by now. As it stands now, he can't leave there until late this afternoon and he won't be home until tomorrow afternoon sometime. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

To make my stress level worse, my 18 yo, Kayla, decided last night that she was going to run away. She packed 3 large bags, took my tent, and her purse and had them all sitting downstairs in the foyer ready to leave. She was just waiting for her boyfriend to get here. Btw, her BF is 17. I'm friends with her BF's older sister. She called me and warned me about this. Then she called me back and told me that she overheard them on the phone talking about 11:00. She didn't know if that meant AM or PM. So I went downstairs and found all her stuff in the foyer and brought it upstairs, then went back down & confronted her. I called my husband. Mary Ellen called a friend of the family who had just left to come back over. She finally came back upstairs. We all talked to her. She's mad at me. She's mad at Pete for joining the Navy. She said she doesn't want to move to California with us even though she wants to be with us as a family. She wants it to be here. She doesn't want to leave Baltimore. She doesn't want to abandon her friends. After an hour on the phone with Pete, then about another hour or so with Aaron and I talking to her she FINALLY agreed to go to California with us. It was so emotionally and physically exhausting. She still has military benefits. If she doesn't go, she loses them. I've tried to explain how important they are to her but she doesn't want to hear me. She has nowhere to stay if she doesn't go with us. She'd be homeless. Or living in a tent that she stole from me if I didn't catch her. What was she thinking???? She's only been dating this boy for 2 weeks and he's been cutting school everyday to come over here to hang out with her. They have kind of know each other for a few years. They knew who the other one was. That is about it. Now they know each other. For 2 weeks and are pulling this crap. STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! UGH!!!! Now I just really hope that this boy doesn't talk her out of going. Oh yeah. Here's the kicker. Now she's telling me that she's pregnant. I really hope that she isn't. That's the LAST thing that she needs!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : We're moving in about 5 days... 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

wow, not to be mean but your daughter is just full of drama. it seems like she is always doing something to get attention. doesn't she know she can make new friends in ca and she can still talk to the old ones?

and that sucks about pete not being home yet. the navy is slackkkking!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:44 am

I know you're not being mean. She is full of drama. She has clinical depression and won't do anything about it. When we get out there, I'm going to make sure that she gets some help. Her therapist here is nice but it seems that everytime that she has an appointment, she makes an excuse why not to go. I've tried to explain that she can make friends out there and that she's not abandoning her friends here. That we're not changing her phone number when we move. Everyone can still keep in touch with her and her with them. Even if we have to change phone carriers, we'll still keep the same phone numbers. We've had them forever and everyone has free long distance. It would be silly to keep changing our number everytime we change stations.

And YES YES YES the Navy is slacking big time!!!! I'm pissed!!!
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : We're moving in about 5 days... 10

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 am

That's the thing, she isn't thinking. She is only 18 and still pretty naive, especially if she was just going to pack up and go. No matter what my mom told me when I was 18, I wouldn't have listened to her, so that is good you actually got some sense into her. When I was a Sophomore in HS, my mom uprooted me, my twin and little brother and moved 4 hours away, leaving everything. At the time, it really sucked. I couldn't understand why I had to be separated from awesome friends I thought I would never make again and I honestly hated my life. I never tried the runaway bit, but my sis and bro did. I think the best thing you can do right now, is just to listen to her. I mean, she is 18, so she knows what she is doing. To an extent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 am

She needs to understand that life doesn't end just because you move. In my instances, my life got better because I moved, but I didn't know it at the time. Just be strong and you can help her get through this.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 am

She's 18 but she's a very young 18. If you know what I mean. She's very naive. She's very mature when it comes to certain things but when it comes to other things she's extremely immature. She has no clue as to how to take care of herself at all. Not in any way shape or form. She's never had a real job. She's never had a bill. She can't even make her own doctor appointments. I have to remind her a million times and she still doesn't do it. I try to give her responsibility to do simple things like that and she can't even take care of them. How can she survive on her own?

Thanks Alison!!!! I'm sure that will also happen for her as well. I think that if she gives the move half a chance, she will love it!!! I think this move will do all of us good. I think it will give us all a fresh start!
Back to top Go down
momof2
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
momof2

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:13 pm

She'll grow up when she turns 23. It sounds like she is my carbon copy at that age. My parents had to just let me learn on my own and pray that I wouldn't make too big of a mistake. She will grow up though. I promise. I tend to take my mom's advise more when she stopped giving it. Hope it all works out for you. I also know how hard it is to move across the country at that age. My dad was in the Air Force and eveytime I got close to having good friends it was time to move. Now I look back and appreciate that I got to start over. I will pray for you guys.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:16 pm

THANKS!!!!! She just woke up. Yeah!!! At 1430 she just woke up. When she came out of her room, she was a completely different person than she was last night. She said that her BF called her at 0630 this morning and she told him she is moving to Cali with us. She seems to not be so ANTI-moving now. I told her that things will be different when we move. But we all need to work together to change the way we all treat each other and some other things that we need to fix as a family. I told her that her friends can come and visit anytime and that we're not changing our cellphone numbers so that she won't lose contact with anyone. She's in a MUCH better frame of mind about it today. I think she may even be starting to look forward to it a little bit too. I hope so.

On a different note, I'm hoping to hear back from the realtor about the house that we want. We are wanting a house that we say on www.militarybyowner.com and we are going to take it sight unseen except for the pictures that we saw on the website. It's the right price and it looks great. He just needs to get in touch with the owner and get the final ok and we have it. I'm praying that we get it. The owner is an active duty Marine.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:12 pm

Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Now it's not the military F***ing up. It's Pete himself. He told me yesterday that he was planning on being on the road around 1600 CST today. Well, it's now 2000 CST and he's still in Great Lakes and he hasn't answered his phone since I called him around 1400 his time. He said he would call me back and nothing. I've been trying to call him back since he was supposed to be already on the road for at least 2 hours. I'm ready to explode I'm so angry right now. Especially after everything that happened last night and NOW he's going to pull THIS crap. WTF???? I WAS looking forward to him coming home. Now he may be riding the sofa when he gets here! I've had it with this BS!!! He's had 18 months with his friends. He hasn't seen his wife, his daughters and ESPECIALLY his SON since the end of Feb/beginning of Mar. You'd think that he'd be drivving like a madman to get home. But Noooooooo.

Atomic
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:42 pm

aw, i'm sorry hun. good luck with everything, i'm here if you need to talk!
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:53 am

Thanks Rachel. He got on the road around 1500 his time yesterday. I didn't get an explaination and I didn't want to argue so I didn't push it. I'm going to talk to him when he gets home. He's still driving and won't be home til sometime in the weeeeee hours of the morning. Probably around 0600. Since it's almost 0300 and I'm still awake and it's Sunday, that is the weeeee hours of the morning. LOL!!!

Oh, btw, and I am going to post this on another thread but I had to cheer this one up..... WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!
Excited Happy Excited Happy Excited Happy
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:23 pm

wooohoooo! doubly exciting news, congrats!
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 am

Thanks!!!! I'm soooo happy about that.

He got in around 0830 yesterday morning. It was so cute when he went in the room to get Riley. When he went to open the door, Riley started to calling out, "Mamma. Mamma." and he was just sitting up in bed, not moving at all. When Pete put his head in the door and Riley saw him, he started screaming, "DADDY!!! DADDY!!! DADDY!!! DADDY!!!" and jumped up clawing his way across the bed to get to the floor and ran to get to him. Then jumped into Pete's arms and squeezed him so tight. He was soooo excited to see his Daddy. It was so cute.
Back to top Go down
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Riley is so adorable and cute LOL !!!
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Different Groups : We're moving in about 5 days... Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Awww Kelly that is awesome...

Hopefully Riley's reaction made him realize what a douchebag he has been to you guys :)

And hopefully from here on out the drama is downsized since he has to come home to YOU every night and not the losers at the barracks :)
Back to top Go down
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:43 pm

imkele wrote:
Thanks.

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're moving in about 5 days...   We're moving in about 5 days... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're moving in about 5 days...
Page 1 of 1