Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moving in a month....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
babydoll912522
babydoll912522

Number of posts : 9
Moods : Moving in a month.... 10
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Moving in a month.... Empty
PostSubject: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:35 pm

And I want to pull my hair out!!! I've asked on another group, but no one really is helping me there. And you all seem so helpful an nice. We are moving to NAS/NSA New Orleans and this time we are having TMO (not sure what the Navy calls it) move us. We thought about a DITY but aren't doing it this time since we are taking some leave and visiting home for a little while b4 DH has to check in. How exactly does it work? Is it an actual company that comes and packs your belongings? Or is it service members that do it? Ahh I'm so confused about all of this, and I'm starting to stress cause it seems like we have so much to do in a short time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/my_lil_pony22
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Moving in a month.... 18
Different Groups : Moving in a month.... Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Hmmmm Ive never heard of TMO,maybe some of the other ladies may know.

As far as my understanding went...you could move by yourself,or the Military moved you.You had to pack everything but they actually put it in the truck.It was also recommended to me that you put all your valuables in your car,and pack a box with tiolet paper/pots&pans/silverware/bathroomy stuff because youd never know where theyd put the boxes.

Also to watch them move everything and keep track of the items/boxes.It can be time consuming.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : Moving in a month.... 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:48 am

We did what they call a DITY move....The Navy came to our house and packed the bulk of our stuff and then loaded it themselves and drove it to our new destination. Then we rented a moving truck and took the necessities with us like cooking gear, food for like a week, and whatever else you think you would need for a full week until you get the rest of your stuff. Sometimes you get lucky though and the military brings your stuff shortly after you get there. You don't really have to worry about money because as long as you keep all of your receipts and have all the paperwork done for a DITY move, then you will be reimbursed PLENTY. We got over $3000 to move from SC to CA....Hope that helps a little! Good luck with your move!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Moving in a month.... 18
Different Groups : Moving in a month.... Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Assuming they ever pay you....

As I have friends who are still waiting for their money,waiting for some of their money,or waiting for the remainder of the money.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...more often than naught the Navy has **cked us and refused to give us money (such as the 3 months of BAH.)

So I pretty much assume they will screw us royally and am shocked when they follow through with the "rules."
Back to top Go down
seabeewife
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!
seabeewife

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 pm

We moved TMO or whatever the Navy calls it lol, we moved from a Marine Corps Air station, but we had already packed all of our stuff and put it in storage bc we were no longer in SC, so a Staff Sgt friend went and watched them load up the truck and they moved it out to Cali for us. The only downer for us was how long it took (about 3 weeks from loading it to arrival) but they did pay us for dislocation, and travel so we still made quite a bit of money. Its personal opinion I have heard you will make a lot more money doing it yourself, but we did not want the headache so they moved it for us. For us it was an actual company that brought our stuff out........ if I remember right it was the company WHEATON, dont know if that is how it works at every duty station but for us it was professionals.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/chrystalc0805
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 am

we had the navy move us. we had all of our belongings in storage also in san antonio. we just met the movers there at 9 am, they repackaged everything and loaded it on the truck and told us when it would be delivered. they called us on that day and came and unloaded the truck! it was pretty easy but i would have to agree with chrystal it took quite awhile, two weeks for us from tx to va. they payed us for dislocation also and because i had to move from california where i was staying with my parents. but definitely pack up your important stuff and keep that with you. and whatever else you are worried about as far as being fragile just make sure they pack it good or take it with you too. but they are supposed to come pack everything up and then when the movers arrive to your new house they are technically supposed to unpack you and take all the boxes. hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving in a month....   Moving in a month.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving in a month....
Page 1 of 1