Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how long was it

Go down 
+3
UncleSamWifey
sha1990
alison
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

Number of posts : 145
Moods : how long was it 10
Registration date : 2008-06-05

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:12 pm

until you heard from your man when he got to boot camp? It has been since Wednesday morning since I heard from him, before he left, and I was just wondering if anyone else had to wait this long for just a phone call.

I guess that "you'll hear from him in 24-48 hrs" rule doesn't really apply. Dumb!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/engravedinstars
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-13

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 pm

3 weeks
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 am

Holy cow...this may test my endurance more than I thought :/
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : how long was it 18
Different Groups : how long was it Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 am

Um...it depends on how he is acting,and how his division is acting.

If they (not specifically him or it could be) are not following orders,are getting illegal mail,etc.

Then they will be punished by phonecalls.

Phonecalls are not a right,they are a reward.
Back to top Go down
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 1:13 pm

I was talking about letters LOL
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Well you missed HER post about phonecalls.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:53 pm

That's what I am thinking. Maybe he has gotten a super tough drill sargent, or the processing is just taking a little longer. I hope no one is sending illegal mail! Cause it sucks for the person recieving it, and everyone in the company to be punished for one dumb person.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 345
Moods : how long was it 1
Registration date : 2008-07-04

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:47 pm

i never heard from my husband. he called his parents for the first phone call and then he called me like, halfway through when i wasn't expecting it, it made it well worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/qt4u0369
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:54 pm

alison wrote:
That's what I am thinking. Maybe he has gotten a super tough drill sargent, or the processing is just taking a little longer. I hope no one is sending illegal mail! Cause it sucks for the person recieving it, and everyone in the company to be punished for one dumb person.

Yeah I know but get use to it.

The Navy looooooooooves to make everyone an example,and give the person who did anything wrong a pat on the wrist.

Our psycho ex roomie...who crashed his car,recieved a DUI,and reckless driving ticket...got to reenlist in the Navy,did not lose rank,got to go on deployment,aaaaand was only put on restriction for a few days.Did he learn anything? Nope.But who had to come in on weekends for inspections? My husband and the rest of his division.In 4 years,he has never wrecked his car or had a DUI.And yet they are constantly punished for the drunks in their department.

Do you have his address yet? So you can at least write?
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 pm

Sadly, no. We have most of it, but not his company or anything. I started to think today that maybe tomorrow I could send him a letter and some pictures but then I realized we had no address. But, I know he has ours, so I have been keeping an eye on the mailbox just in case. His dad is even getting frustrated that we haven't heard anything, cause I mean, I can understand not getting a 5 minute phone call, but for them to not even let them call to say "hey, i'm here" for 10 seconds doesn't make sense ...especially when it's supposedly mandatory. I am just trying to keep my hopes up and not allowing myself to really get sad, cause I know he's ok. But the sad thing is, is that I know he is probably wishing a whole lot more that he could just get one phone call, considering the circumstances. At least we still have our leisurely freedom.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 pm

rdersham wrote:
i never heard from my husband. he called his parents for the first phone call and then he called me like, halfway through when i wasn't expecting it, it made it well worth the wait.

Halfway? Geez. His dad is joking that we'll already be making plane reservations or about to leave for his graduation before we hear anything, ha.
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

Number of posts : 540
Moods : how long was it 7
Different Groups : how long was it Character0286
Registration date : 2008-06-03

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm going to say a week for a phone call.....lol he would of called me the night he got there, but he didn't have change or a calling card on him lol. Silly boy!! I hope you hear from him soon though. It's get when you do and I love graduation.

Letters though rare and few, they can only write on Sundays and he wrote a lot of people(Grandma, Mom, Dad, Friends, and Myself.) So he he doesn't have anybody to write , but you then you should get quite a few.

Good luck and bootcamp goes by sooo fast!!
Back to top Go down
https://navywives.aforumfree.com
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:20 pm

i got 3 letters at once but it wasn't until like a week or two weeks after he left.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:08 am

Ahhh geez.

Can you contact his recruiter to get the info?
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am

Ya know, he may have used all the minutes he had on his calling card the night he was at the hotel...hmmm. But that is dumb if the call isn't free! Ahhh I can't wait to find out what's REALLY going on, all of these possibilities sound crazy!

His mom texted his recruiter yesterday, and he said he would look into it. So she'll let me know when she hears from him.

They can only write on Sunday??? Seriously, boot camp is weird!
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:55 am

Yup only on Sunday. They can receive letters and day of the week though Smile So you can always write him if you want.

I hope you find out what's going on soon Smile

I never knew you could text a recruiter...lol that's funny, but neat.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Update!!!

So, DH says that he hasn't been able to call because he didn't have a phone card! He called me today and only had 2 minutes, but it was so incredible just to hear him. It's crazy how a small phone call like that will help to tide me over until I hear from him again. I also recieved the mandatory letter sent from the captain. DH says that he has been writing every day, so I don't know what's going on with rules changing about only being able to on sunday? But man, it's so good to have his address now so I can send him something to keep him motivated daily. This is one crazy rollercoaster, thank god I have you guys to help me through it :)
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Cool!

Did he give you the numbers to reload it? If he didn't remind him in a letter for it.

Glad you heard from him!
Back to top Go down
rdersham
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:19 pm

woohoo! glad you heard from him! he MIGHT mean that he has been writing every day he gets a chance. my husband wrote a couple letters on sunday and he snuck some writing in when he wasn't supposed to. OR maybe they DID change the regulations? either way, yey for you! keep us updated, girl!
Back to top Go down
pvm4ever88
Admin
Admin
pvm4ever88

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:26 am

I'm so glad you heard from him and maybe they did change the rules, it's been 2 years since my DH was at boot camp!

Keep us updated and yes every letter, phone call is so special it does get us through till the end.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:52 am

It was still Sundays,4 years ago.

So maybe they changed it.
Back to top Go down
alison
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
alison

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:22 pm

The phone cards are reloadable?? Sweet! I need to get on that asap!
Back to top Go down
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:28 pm

My Boyfirend/Fiance wrote on Sundays and other days
Back to top Go down
kcombs
kcombs

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-07

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: bootcamp   how long was it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:48 pm

It was three weeks until I heard from Brian. I carried my cellphone everywhere with me because you have no warning when you might hear from your sailor. I also new that I would recieve a letter from him every Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
sha1990
BootCamp!!
BootCamp!!

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:18 pm

kcombs wrote:
It was three weeks until I heard from Brian. I carried my cellphone everywhere with me because you have no warning when you might hear from your sailor. I also new that I would recieve a letter from him every Wednesday.

Same here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how long was it Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long was it   how long was it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how long was it
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next