Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any ideas?

Go down 
+2
Rachel
UncleSamWifey
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Okay my husband was suppose to go to bootcamp @ the beginning of this year.. Well he was a little heavy soo he lost 30 pounds like nothing I dont even know how he did it.. soo he was okay to go to MEPS.. He goes he passes everything.. except when they went to do his height he didnt stand up straight enough and by the time he did they already took it which they measured him an inch shorter then he is which is I guess like a 20 pound difference.. this is in January.. Mind you he has been a little lazy and stressed about losing this extra 20.. but now he's trying and it's working but I dont know what else to do to help him jump start it a little more.. HE's suppose to go back to MEPS sep 1st.. that's OUR goal..I think his recruiter has like given up on him bc he isnt losing the weight as fast as he should.. He's been really serious the last 2 weeks and has lost 6 pounds but he has 14 more pounds to lose by sep 1st?? Any ideas to help reach that goal.. We walk a mile and half every day.. he drinks water.. etc.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Any ideas? 18
Different Groups : Any ideas? Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:04 pm

He needs to be doing more cardio...cardio burns calories,and he needs to avoid accumulating a lot of muscle mass (since muscle weighs more than fat.) 6 lbs is really water weight.I dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks by cutting out soda,sweets,and carbs.

Have you thought about going/joining a gym where he has a personal trainer for free? 20 lbs really isn't much.But hes also had how much time to lose this?

Remind him that once he joins the Navy its a piece of cake to pass PRT,and the Navy is one of the most out of shape branches in the American military :D So all this rushing to get skinny now....once hes in,he can slack off.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:53 am

haha nice shannon. yah tell him go to a sauna and sweat that 14 pounds off! fighters do it all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:40 am

Well its true!

Cmon...if you saw all the fat guys I see trying to squeeze into utilities around the pier.And they did do a report recently in Navy Times,and the Navy is the most out of shape branch in the military.They're now starting to do PT more than once a week.

How many overweight Army guys or Marines do you see? Exactly.
Thank god,a few branches make them run 10 miles a day.

I just thought I would tell her the analness stops once hes in.You can swim a mile in the swimming pool,run,or bicycle or treadmill.I forget.It isnt strictly running anymore to pass PRT.And if you fail they give you a second chance.
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 pm

hey shannon.. my fiance said you hit the navy right on the head... it drives him crazy because he is a PT freak!! haha... He said it really isnt there fault, its like their command works them 12 hrs/day when are they supposed to do it workin 7 a.m to 7 p.m.. Brandon gets up every morning and runs 6 miles.. And he said at their P.T's they are even allowed to walk!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Of course!

hahaha

I see them all the time when I drive in to Norfolk,and drop my husband off the pier.They're walking with their ipods alongside the water.

Im sorry,but if you're in the military you shouldn't be overweight.

My husband weighed in at 178lbs and hes 6'0".

He runs almost everyday,and he told me after deployment he'll be in super shape cause working out is all there is to do on the ship.

Well lets be real...the guys dont need to be in shape to move bombs on a flight deck or sit in an office all day.They aren't carrying 50lbs of gear,and raiding through houses day in and day out like Army and Marines do.They should be in shape cause their overall health would be better and Im sure theyd be able to take the heat better in the Persian Gulf.

My husband is on one of the worse run ships in the fleet here...so Im not shocked if it is based on Command :P
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:13 am

I agree.. you shouldnt be overweight and in the military.. it really doesnt make any sense!!!

Brandon is doing the same thing... while he is on deployment in Cuba.... he is going to work out like crazy!!!

my dad is in the Army.. and is 42 and can run circles around half the Navy, haha!!! And he is really in shape... and he is a apache longbow pilot.. and an officer... and he is still more in shape...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:28 am

yah being overweight in the military is bad...it just makes you look bad and who you are representing look bad. my dad is a state patrolman and i hate it when the guys he works with are fat. its like hello, if i call the cops i dont want a fat guy to come help me!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:21 am

Thats why the VA State Police has a weight limit...its awesome! You never see any overweight VA Troopers!
Back to top Go down

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:38 pm

deeeefinately cardio! an elyptical, treadmil..

the problem with walking a mile EVEYRDAY is that you always reach what you have always reached, which means you arent pushing yourself which means not burning off MORE. you're buring off the SAME.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:21 pm

UncleSamWifey wrote:
Thats why the VA State Police has a weight limit...its awesome! You never see any overweight VA Troopers!

thats sweet! yah i remember a long time ago they started a pt program and you had to reach a certain goal and what not and if you exceeded that goal you got a bonus but they went ahead and cancelled that program because no one was reaching the goals lol. my dad loved it though because he was getting bonuses! basically it was either you way exceed the goals or theres no way in h*** youre going to reach the goal haha no happy medium. california's so dumb...
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Also as far as eating. NO junk food. Drink lots of water. NO soda. Stop eating when you are satisfied NOT when you are full. Drink a full glass of water before eating a meal and after. NO eating after 7pm. When you eat at night, there is no way to burn it off. Unless you're exercising at night before bed. But then you have energy and you can't sleep.

I've lost 65 lbs over the past year by just changing my eating habits and chasing my son. I still have junk food rarely and soda every once in a while but I didn't have any for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:22 pm

Rachel wrote:
UncleSamWifey wrote:

thats sweet! yah i remember a long time ago they started a pt program and you had to reach a certain goal and what not and if you exceeded that goal you got a bonus but they went ahead and cancelled that program because no one was reaching the goals lol. my dad loved it though because he was getting bonuses! basically it was either you way exceed the goals or theres no way in h*** youre going to reach the goal haha no happy medium. california's so dumb...

Yeah one of my exes' friends was put on a whole...'if you dont drop x weight by this time next year,kiss your career goodbye'

The crappy thing they did do...was measure/tailor your clothes WITHOUT your kevlar vest...I never understood that.So you had to be SUPER skinny to fit all that crap around.

But youd think as heavy as those belts are with everything and the vests...and the wool uniforms,theyd cut the guys some slack.And you'd lose some weight.

Or you could be like my ex who stayed in his cruiser unless someone's car caught on fire...and if he got out,your ass was getting a ticket...haha.

I want DH to go into law enforcement...the most effed up guys you ever meet with the best sense of humor...hahahahaa.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:49 am

the vest adds like 6 inches or something! thats craziness...
Back to top Go down
Mindy
Mod
Mod
Mindy

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:30 am

I lost 20 lbs in a month by riding a stationary bike 30 minutes a day. It burns fat but does not build muscle. Goodluck to him I wish I had that much will power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mindycox
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:34 am

Rachel wrote:
the vest adds like 6 inches or something! thats craziness...

I KNOW...hahaha.
Back to top Go down

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:59 am

Thankyou girls so much! We'll work on more cardio.. He drinks LOTS of water.. another thing is he only eats like once a day or maybe twice but that's because he is never hungry until dinner.. but w/e.. We'll try!
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:04 am

Hahaha one of the medical people on Nathan's ship is seriously like a hazard to have on the ship because he hast to walk sideways everywhere because he can't fit anywhere. Nathan said he has to be writing himself slips to stay in. And when he did his prt a lot of people didn't pass but they just went ahead and passed them anyway and gave them 24 hours special liberty! Haha. I was like wooooow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:07 am

And my grandpa who is 62 still runs everyday! It's ridiculous. Haha he could probably beat me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
Sponsored content

Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any ideas?   Any ideas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1