Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

different parenting ideas... ughh

Go down 
+3
UncleSamWifey
Mindy
LovinMySailor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-01

different parenting ideas... ughh Empty
PostSubject: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:36 pm

well Brandon and I disagree on the nap thing. I think that all 3 kids need naps during the day.. i can see differences in them when they dont have naps and when they do have naps.. he thinks if they dont want to take naps they dont have to.. and im like explain to me what toddler wants to take naps?! Lelan fights it sooo bad its not even funny, he is almost 3... he also fights it at night.. he just doesnt want to go to sleep... brandon thinks have them go to sleep when they want to.. and im like no they need structure... they need some sort of routine.. and i have the routine perfect when he works... but his days off he ruins everything... but he will force the younger 2 girls to their routine but he think since lelan is a little older he can do what he wants?! I think not... and it drives me crazy because he favors "his boy" over the other kids.. and he is like he doesnt ever get to see and im like yeah well neither does lile... so i dont get it... he needs to get over it.. drives me crazy!!!

am i overeacting or not?

help me girls please?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxxfadedliesxxx
Mindy
Mod
Mod
Mindy

Number of posts : 115
Different Groups : different parenting ideas... ughh Character0229
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 pm

I don't have kids and I can tell the difference in other people's kids when they don't take naps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mindycox
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : different parenting ideas... ughh 18
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm

No you arent.

Your kids should be in bed by 8pm,830pm the latest.

They should have naps...I usually took mine when my Mom was making dinner or earlier in the day.

Have you thought about picking up parenting books? So he can hear it from the "experts."
Back to top Go down
ASailorsKiss
Recruiter's Office
Recruiter's Office
ASailorsKiss

Number of posts : 28
Moods : different parenting ideas... ughh 9
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:02 pm

I have three children....They are much older but when they were younger they all laid down for naps...now whether or not they slept was a different story, but they should at least have down time or quiet time to rest their brains and bodies. It was understood that this was quiet time for them (and also some silence for mom!) Rest is so important!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gunngal
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:21 am

tell him that even in kindergarten many school require nap time
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:48 am

i dont think youre over reacting at all...kids dont know whats best for themselves, thats why they have parents! and you know that its best for them to get a nap or else theyre cranky and make everyone else cranky too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:06 pm

yeah he agrees that the girls need naps but god forbid "his boy" has to do something he doesnt want to.. he gets what he wants when he wants and how he wants... its getting to the point that well he was a brat before and now he is like worst than ever... he goes around and beats the crap out of the girls.. one time i was changing the little ones diaper and he came up and dropped kick her... and i told brandon and he said well he is just being a boy... and im like so pinning the girls down and literally punching them in the face is being a boy.. and im like yeah maybe being a boy, but an out of control boy!!! its getting to the point and i just cant handle it anymore... i told Brandon if he doesnt start disciplining him then he was going to have to put him in daycare... i cant do it... its ridiculous. i literally fight with him for an hour to get him to go to bed!!! he takes lelan on tiese special trips to the park and stuff like this because he said he needs time alone with his boy and im like what about your daughter Brandon?! Lile wont even go to him she wants to be with me all the time because she doesnt know Brandon, he doesnt spend time with her... he spends it all with lelan....

and i dont know how to show him it isnt right how he is picking favorites like this!!!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 pm

i guess he just doesnt understand that what he's doing isnt in lelan's best interest...because right now his daddy lets him get away with whatever he wants but in the real world that doesnt happen. and when lelan grows up and figures this out, i have a feeling he is going to be pretty disapointed in his dad for not giving him some structure and discipline. just my opinion though. i hope he can see that theres a better way
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:06 pm

i hope so too... its affecting our relationship!!! we fight over it all the time.. and most of the time i give in because i just cant fight about it anymore!!

i keep telling him he has nothing at home so its our job to give him rules and structure here!!!
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:26 pm

I only have a 6 month old baby but I believe that he needs structure. I try my hardest to keep him on the same schedule. He naps the same time everyday and takes his bottle at the same times. He goes to bed at 9 every night! You can definitley tell a difference when children don't have naps. They are cranky. I agree maybe you should get a book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Id just beat the kid back...haha.

Dropkick the kid and then ask how he likes it....

:)

But thats the South Philly/Irish Catholic childhood talking.

My Mom had to say my name and it was like getting the s*it beaten out of me.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:31 pm

UncleSamWifey wrote:
Id just beat the kid back...haha.

Dropkick the kid and then ask how he likes it....

:)

But thats the South Philly/Irish Catholic childhood talking.

My Mom had to say my name and it was like getting the s*it beaten out of me.

hahaha ohhh man...thats a good idea!
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Id get a book...but Id also take desperate measures.

All you need is for him to find it "really funny" to drop one of the kid's on their heads.

Either your husband gets his s*it together and wises up or you need to go to counseling.

I would put that kid out on the streets so fast and see how he likes it.

No more of feelings,holding hands,and talking about it.

Its been talked to death it seems and someone needs their ass beaten.

My mom was a single mom,and she raised 3 of us...and yeah,if we pulled anything we couldn't walk straight for a few days.And there was an old school way of doing things and it worked.All this stuff of feelings,medication,is bull.Old fashion beating,washing your mouth out with soap,and missing a few meals didn't hurt anyone :D
Back to top Go down
LovinMySailor
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
Bootcamp Graduation Day!
LovinMySailor

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 pm

oh yeah i do, i beat that kids ass.. i swear thats all i ever do is beat his ass though...it drives me crazy because ill bust his ass and he is not even good for 5 minutes... ive busted his ass and put him and timeout and it doesnt work.. ive tried military style like my father did with me(he is in the army), if i messed up i had a week of basic training(no joke), put on by my fathers friend who used to be a drill sargeant at basic lol.. i used to have to run 5 miles every morning rine, shine, snow, didnt matter... i lived my life like i was in basic! And that didnt even work and its because since brandon doesnt take it seriously when i discipline him, lelan isnt!!!! and then when Brandon is home i will tell lelan to do something and brandon keeps cuddling him... he is a boy, he is supposed to be tough, he is a little girl... the 2 actual little girls are tougher than lelan... he is freakin coddled to much at THREE yrs. old.. isnt coddling supposed to end when infancy ends?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different parenting ideas... ughh   different parenting ideas... ughh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

different parenting ideas... ughh
Page 1 of 1