Navy Wives Stick Together
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy Wives Stick Together

Us Navy wives need to stick together, for our husbands aren't always there. So come in and meet new people who live the same life you do. There the best friends you'll ever have.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Language and long.

Go down 
+4
mjrose514
UncleSamWifey
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
NavyAirmanWifey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Number of posts : 186
Different Groups : Language and long. Character0229
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Okay....so I've been MIA lately. Well my great in-laws were supposed to leave Thursday night from Illinois drive all night and be here around noonish on Friday. Well, I get a phone call at about 11 on Thursday morning asking what exit they are supposed to get off when they get down here and stuff. And I didn't think anything of it because they hadn't said anything about leaving early. Well about 20 minutes later I get a knock on the door and guess who it is! Them. So that was just the start of the horrible day. Nathan had duty that night so I was stuck alllllll night with them. Mind you last time I saw them we got into a big fight because I wanted to go to my mom's for 2 hours and they said it wasn't fair and I told them it didn't matter he was my son and they haven't bought him a damn thing. So I just tried to not talk as much as possible. If I got on the comptuer his mom got mad. If I turned the tv on his mom got mad. No matter what I did it was wrong. Well then at 6 in the freaking morning. She doesn't even knock she just walks right into my fucking bedroom even though the door was closed. And she just stands there and I'm like what do you need and she goes oh just to see if Nathan was home yet and I was like well obviously not and I'm tired I have to get up at 8 and feed Ethan. She was like well I'll do it so I was like whatever. I already had a hard time sleeping. I didn't fall asleep until about 4 that morning because it was the first time I had ever slept without Nathan in over 8 months. So then I was up and just layed in bed until Ethan got up. Then, she fed him and stuff and I went and took a shower. Well, Nathan was home when I came back. And we all got ready cuz we were going to Busch Gardens. I go to change Ethan's pajamas and I notice his diaper is soggy. And I asked if she changed him and she was like no it's not my job. So I freaking go and change him. Then we're leaving and I had all my stuff (Ethan's diaper bag, my phone, my purse) all up in the front seat. His dad just moves it all and sits up there. And I was like uh I was sitting there and he goes so. So I got in back and didn't say a fucking word. Well, then we get to Busch Gardens and I get a complimentary ticket since I'm the spouse. And they were all yelling at me cuz I circled one and I was like um yeah I'm the only one who get's the free ticket cuz I'm the spouse not you. And they were like well why not. And I tried explaining it to them but they didn't listen. So then they asked the people and they were like oh okay I understand. After I just tried to tellt hem like 50 times. Then, it was like 8 15 and fireworks were starting in an hour. And I was like why don't we just stay since they start in an hour. And they were like well we're fucking hungry. So we had to leave and they were like we don't need to see fireworks anyway. So I was like well will you watch Ethan so we can go....they said yes. But then they were acting all shitty about it of course I didn't get to becaues nathan was like well it's their vacation not ours. So then the next day we go to the beach. It starts downpouring. And I was like you guys we need to leave because Ethan's getting rained on. And they started yelling at me in front of everyone. I just started walking. They aren't the ones who are going to have to deal with the sick baby. Then we go to look at Nathan's ship and i was feeding Ethan so I didn't get out cuz I thought they were just going to look at it. Of course the ship has to be in the worst part of town and they leave me there for an hour. And Nathan keeps telling them that they need to get back to the car cuz we're there by ourselves and a lot of people have been getting shot lately. They were like oh it will be okay. They are from the smallest town in the freaking world. So they have no idea what our town is like. And if we would of got shot. And his dad thinks he can say whatever he wants to anyone and I was like you have to watch what your saying because you don't know who will have a gun and who won't. Then, knowing we had to get up early they stayed till like midnight then left. I was so mad. My weekend sucked. I hope they never come back. I'm tired of the comments they make about me. I'm tired of the way they don't do anything for us or even their grandchild yet they can buy some baby who isn't even blood all kinds of shit for it. They treat Drew like a freaking prince. He's been in jail and wrecked like 8 cars and is only 18. Nathan's doing something with his life but it isn't good enough. We're both tired of getting treated this way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chantelle_rhenea
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*
Mod
Mod
NavyWifey07 *Naomi*

Number of posts : 284
Different Groups : Language and long. Character0275
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:31 pm

That is crazy! I can't believe they treated you like that.......I kinda noticed that about my in-laws when they were here! They paid more attention to my SIL's baby then our kids.

I hope that you never have to deal with all that again from them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nlholden81

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:03 pm

What a couple of fucktards! :evil:
Sorry they ruined your weekend...and how RUDE of them to just show up on your doorstep a whole day early!
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Yeah like the baby they help isn't even blood to them. And the girls parents own a chain of grocery stores, so it's not like they don't help. Yet they can't help us out at all when we're on our own with an infant in a state where there isn't anyone to help. Everyone told me not to say anything to Nathan but we're always honest about our feelings. He actually agreed with me. And he told me that when I go home soon, not to even bother going over there cuz I'll just catch more shit from them. But I don't know.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Number of posts : 498
Moods : Language and long. 18
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Chantelle you know how I feel about this...

I'll see if my in laws are taking applications for another daughter in law :P

:Hug:

I'll come up and visit soon...the next 2 weeks Im not working mucho...so I'll come up and bum it with you and Ethan.
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:39 pm

ugh... why must some in-laws not only live up to their stereotype, but surpass them in every way! I feel for you hun, my in laws are the same way, though luckily haven't had to deal with them being grandparents yet. But they do support their younger children who take advantage and expect everything to be handed to them, but their oldest (dh) does everything for himself and they can't throw him a bone and then they complain how he's so distant, well stop pushing and he'd be there. How does your husband handle it? does he see everything or does he defend them? just wondering, and hey at least you get to do your they're gone dance... :cheers:

That sucks that they treat your baby differently, I'm afraid my in laws will do the same because they treat dh and i differently so why not our kids, but this is coming from the grandchild that was favored lol
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 pm

that is so lame! they need to treat you, your hubby, and your son better if they want to be a part of your family. its a privelege to be a part of your family not a requirement!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mrsfee
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 am

Rachel wrote:
that is so lame! they need to treat you, your hubby, and your son better if they want to be a part of your family. its a privelege to be a part of your family not a requirement!

I love that, can I steal it lol
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:58 am

haha of course! its true though i mean just because youre blood doesnt mean you get to treat me like crap!
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Yeah...my husband used to defend them. But that was because he wasn't there he was in Florida. But he finally got to see how they are and he's just tired of it. They had to co sign for my husband to get our Envoy because his credit isn't high enough yet and they told me that when he goes out to sea they would be coming to get it. I was like smart leave me down here with a freaking baby and no way to get around. They apparently don't care. I've always believed family is who you choose. Because blood isn't thicker than water. Your blood turns their back just as fast as anyone else. So I guess if that's the way they are willing to treat me then they can forget about seeing Ethan or me. I had to quit my job because they let their other son drive my husband's car that was in his name and he was paying on because it was better on gas. When I was supposed to be the one to drive it. Then what happens he totals it because that's what he does. He's wrecked 8 cars in two years. I could kill him. I hate that family seriously.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:32 pm

you and your hubby should work on getting the car in your name. you cant be left alone with a baby and no car, thats crazy! even if his credit is crap isnt there something that the navy can do for you guys?
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:34 pm

awe man, you totally beat me, at least my in laws realize they're not paying for it they have no say. Why did your hubby let his bro take your car when you needed it and your job was helping provide? I can't believe they plan on taking the envoy! :affraid: You and your hubby are the ones paying right? I mean can't you just say no and make sure you have dh's support? I would just hide the keys and not answer their knocks. Do you live on base? then so much the better, they can't get on lol
Back to top Go down
Rachel
NWST Girl all The Way!!
NWST Girl all The Way!!
Rachel

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:49 pm

yah but if the car is in their name and not hers they can just report it stolen and then if she is caught driving it, the police take it away and she gets a felony! no bueno
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Is the Envoy title in their name too or just your husband's name? Just because their name is on the loan doesn't mean their name is on the title. If their name isn't on the title, they can't touch the vehicle at all. If they do, they can be arrested for grand theft auto.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imkele
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:27 pm

grr, yeah, make sure it's in your name, hey do they have to be on the insurance? he he I don't know I think really your dh needs to just put his foot down and be like you are as*** and no you're not going to come get the car while I'm away because my WIFE and CHILD will need it and you are not going to screw them over and if you do this then that will be the end of us, no phone calls, letters, emails, anything, we'll sell the car get one less reliable yes, but not be under your thumb (what about your parents for co-signing). I will not have you treat her this way. (this is in general what I dream my dh saying to his mom and sister, but they're not threatening anything like this) good luck
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:41 pm

Her/her husband's has to have the car registered,insured,and titled in their names.Now...since hes in the military.So long as it is registered in HIS NAME,and they're both insured...they wont pay taxes on it.(In fact,Congress/Senate is trying to pass a law protecting Military Spouses from this...so you too can avoid the car taxes if it is registered in your name.) TECHNICALLY,if the car is ONLY registered in his name...she should be driving it with a POA.Not ALL bases are that anal but Ive heard of other Navy Wives being stopped on base for driving their HUSBAND's car,not having a POA to drive it,and the Navy Cop Nazis flipping out.

If she does get stopped by the cops..they will want to see either she or her husband are registered to the car,and they BOTH have car insurance.As a courtesy she should inform them they are military.She should also have her license in the same state she is living...only her military spouse can keep his home of record driver's license.(This I think too is trying to be changed by the Congress/Senate.)

(Ive been in waaaay too many car accidents to know how this works.)
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:20 pm

That's good to know since I'm getting ready to move out of state with my Hubby when we get orders and my van is only in my name and will remain that way. I guess I'll have to change that when we move also. Hmmm. I'll check with the command when we move to wherever.
Back to top Go down
UncleSamWifey
Mod
Mod
UncleSamWifey

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Yeah if you have to pay taxes in said state...i would check.Get it in his name,so you'll be exempt (it can save you anywhere from $20/twice a year to $100s of dollars/twice a year...all depends on make/model/year.) And ask the command how they feel about you needing a specific POA to drive it.Norfolk for us is hit or miss but we're such a big Navy town...no one really cares.
Back to top Go down
NavyAirmanWifey
Mod
Mod
NavyAirmanWifey

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Well when his brother wrecked it we didn't know he was driving it. They just told me they were taking it to get the oil changed so I could drive it. But then Nathan calls me about 4 hours later screaming because his brother wrecked it. His dad's name is on the title first, and his name is first. We can't even trade the damn car in because his dad went along to get us a better deal and we got a 12,000 car for 30,000 and I tried to say that wasn't a good deal. And his dad was like yeah it is I'm 44 years old I know how to buy a car. So we have so much negative equity we can't even trade it in. So we have to pay 530 a month for the next 4 and a half years until it gets payed off. My husband did tell them they weren't leaving me down here but then it turned into a big argument and he hung up on them. It's just ridiculous. They said they aren't going to have me wreck it because if one more wreck happens then their insurance is going to drop them. Then I think they would be taking their other son off since he is the one who had 8 wrecks and is 18 now. That's why the insurance is so damn high. They were paying like 1500 for insurance and they got all mad because the car place called their insurance company to have it put on their insurance. Which it actually lowered their insurance, and they got pissed off. We're switching insurance as soon as we get payed. I'm not dealing with it anymore. I'm going to see if my grandpa can help us out with getting rid of it and get a new car cuz he is SMART with buying cars unlike my father in law.
Back to top Go down
imkele
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101
imkele

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 pm

I feel so bad for you. The situation you're in really sucks. I really hope and pray that it works out for you. Hopefully your grandpa can help you out.
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
NWST Training Course 101
NWST Training Course 101

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am

gotta love grandpas, i know i'd be in a better financial place if I still had a grandpa. Good luck and keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
brittanyu
Mod
Mod
brittanyu

Number of posts : 311
Different Groups : Language and long. Character0275
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Wow honey im so sorry you had to deal with that! It is Crazy! How can they be so rude even with their grand child!! Wow i cant believe it! I hope things losen up with them and they stop being like that! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/britzy843
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:01 am

OMG that sounds like my mil she is just as rude to me as can be and snow she is getting like that with dh . i cant stand it. it is like grow up and get a life ,l
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 am

See I have the opposite problem my in laws love me and all want me to go there while my hubby's at sea but all i want is to be with my family and baby sister of course they don't even want me there. They actually told me no when I asked to stay a few weeks there :/
Back to top Go down
asailorslove
Mod
Mod
asailorslove

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:44 am

man i wish my in laws were like that i only really get along with my dh grandparents(FIL parents) and grandma (mils mom). they are the only ones i keep in touch with . i never got to meet my fil he died when dh was like 15 yrs old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/navyfamily0630
Sponsored content

Language and long. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language and long.   Language and long. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Language and long.
Page 1 of 1